“great stay!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #136 of 1,089 Hotels in London
New Jersey
“great stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great hotel all around. We arrived over spring break! Apr 10-15. Early arrival at 11am. Surprised to find our room ready.Had a river view and close to the elevator to boot. Paid extra for the lounge access. breakfast could have been better, but was perfect for an afternoon tea or coffee. Location was great, right in the heart of it all. Right next to London Eye. So if crowds bother you may not be the place for you. We had no trouble at all and loved being in the hustle and bustle of it all. I found the location perfect. Room was very nice size, and clean too. They just opened a new Restaurant in the lobby. Gillray's steakhouse. Was a little leary at first, but can say it was wonderful! From the waiter suggested cocktail, to the perfectly cooked steak, to the tasty side dishes. We were very happy. I recommend the London favorite "bubble and squeak"! Our waiter promised me I would love it, and it did not disappoint. Mashed potatoes mixed with fresh vegetables, topped with cheddar cheese and baked. Delicious!! Side dishes are enough to share , so don't over order. Just loved everything about the hotel, was a great find.

Room Tip: we were in room 646. It is right near the elevator.
1 Thank ann r
EdTed, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback, although I believe you are describing another hotel within the County Hall area as the layout of the building is not the Premier Inn County Hall. I am pleased you had a good trip to London though and enjoyed the County Hall area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (867)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I took my wife and daughter to London for a long weekend over the 2012 Easter break as my daughter had never been there before. I chose the Premier Inn at County Hall as I have stayed at other Premier Inns in the UK and always found the quality to be consistent and the prices reasonable. I also spoke to other family members and friends who had stayed at County Hall and they recommended it as a great place to stay.

I booked a family room through the Premier Inn website, a simple process, and received confirmation of my booking immediately.

Finding County Hall was easy as it is only a few minutes walk from Waterloo Station and is next to the London Eye, something that is quite hard to miss.

Check-in was a simple process, fully automated using one of the 3 or 4 check-in machines in the foyer. There are plenty of staff members on hand to help is you do have any difficulties.

Our room was on the sixth floor with a smallish window looking down the river. The room was fairly typical for a Premier Inn and was predicatably clean and tidy. The room facilities included a decent television, kettle with coffee/tea making facilities and a hairdryer. There was also a safe in the room although we didn't use it. I was pleased at how quiet our room was considering the size of the crowds of tourists outside queuing for the London Eye.

We didn't pre-book any meals and only ate breakfast there. The restaurant was very busy at peak time in the morning and they do recommend that you try to avoid the 8.00am - 9.30am period. We ate both mornings during this period and had no problem getting a table. The quality and choice of breakfast was fine and with children eating free with a paying adult it was really good value.

All of the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful and I really couldn't have wished for better service.

County Hall is in a fantastic location for sightseeing with many of the main attractions within a relatively short walking distance of the hotel. It does get very busy in the surrounding area, largely due to the London Eye and the aquarium being situated close by. Walking across Westminster Bridge to the Houses of Parliament can also be challenging due to the sheer volume of tourists. There are many restaurants in close proximity to County Hall so you're not stuck for places to eat in the evening.

Although not cheap by Premier Inn standards, County Hall does offer reasonable value for money when compared with other hotels in the vicinity.

Overall our stay at County Hall was very good and I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: It's probably worth trying to get a room on the upper floors as rooms on the lower floors may be...
2 Thank Cudrefin
Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay and found our booking process and checking in to be quick and efficient. Thank you for your feedback about our breakfast set up, I am pleased that you didnt encounter any busy periods. I am also pleased that you found the hotel and our breakfast to be of good value for money as this is very important to us. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great location and good restaurant

We’ve stayed here a couple of times and the location is excellent. Perfect for a spin on the London Eye or a sight seeing trip down the Thames. Only a short walk to the Tube and a 10 minute stroll across Westminster bridge to the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. It was nice to walk out in the evening and listen to the New at Ten chimes for real.

The restaurant offers good food and is reasonably priced. Breakfast is excellent. Eat as much as you like from the buffet which offers a full English and continental selection, also fruit and juices etc. It took a while to get coffee from the machines although it was nice and worth the wait.

My only beef was with the room. It was clean and had everything you needed but the family room had a double bed and 2 singles, one of which was a pull out and was very uncomfortable. Fortunately we were only there 1 night and my teenage son ‘took one for the team’, not sure he would have volunteered for a second night though. The other single bed was absolutely fine though. The room was also a little noisy, but only because of the inconsiderate family next door who thought that everybody should be up and awake at 5am on Easter Sunday morning!

Secure parking is available less than a 5minute walk away. It cost £20 but there was a cheaper option a little further away.

All in all the pros outweigh the cons.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Thames would be nice but maybe a little noisier than the far side that we had.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and five star review. It was great to read that you enjoyed our central location and found our breakfast selection to be of good value. Thank you for your feedback about our coffee machines, we are currently in the process of ordering new coffee machines which we hope will arrive shortly. I apologies if one of our beds did not live up to our standards of comfort and quality. I will feed this back to our housekeeping team so that we can ensure that our additional beds are monitored for comfort. Thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Fab hotel to be at the centre of sightseeing London. Rooms big and spacious. Breakfast was excellent

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and five star, It was great to hear you had a good stay. I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stayed in three different hotels in London and this was our favorite for its accommodating staff, central location and reasonable prices. Spacious room for our family of 4 (2 beds and a cot) and large selection at breakfast. Easy walk to Waterloo Station or across the bridge to Parliament and Westminster Abbey. Almost at the base of the London Eye.

1 Thank LFW173
EdTed, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback and comments, I am delighted that we were your favourite hotel in London and you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and friendly team. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

The only downside to our stay was the onsite restaurant, got our order wrong on the first night, we got an apology but would have been nice to have been offered a free coffee or drink to compensate. Had to wait a while at the bar also, the restaurant staff where trying to run both and it didn't work too well. Breakfast was very different, choice of food, hot or cold was really good, as we're the morning staff.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EdTed, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback and five star review. It was great to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments on your dinner experience. I apologise that we didnt process you order correctly, I would be interested to hear about your experience in more detail so if you have the time you can email me at operationsmanager.londoncountyhall@whitbread.com so that I can look into this in more detail. I will also pass your comments on to our Food and Beverage Manager. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable breakfast with us and found our service and choice of food to be of a good standard. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Grange Over Sands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

This hotel is in an excellent location only a few minutes walk from Waterloo station and close to amongst other places the London Eye, river trips, British Film Institute (great place for an unhurried coffee), the National Theatre, Houses of Parliament, and only a 20 minute walk along the pedestrianised South Bank to the Tate Modern. Very comfortable bed, good sized and very clean room, and an excellent breakfast. (Only one negative about the place - very thin towels on the first day). The staff were very friendly and couldn't be more helpful. We're already planning our next trip!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the back of the hotel are very quiet, although obviously do not have a view. But h...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sullivan09
Thank you for your feedback and five star review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and found our central location to be suitable to your needs. Thank you for your feedback about your room, I was pleased to read your comments on our cleanliness and comfort. Thank you for the feedback about our towels, I apologise that we didnt get this quiet right for you on your first day. At the moment we are finalising a towel upgrade program which will see us change to new fluffier and thick towels. We hope to have this in place within the next couple of months. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.