“Awesome”

Ranked #136 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Awesome”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Spent two days in London with my boys this premier inn was much better than could ever imagine was clean tidy and the staff were extremely kind.
Awesome stay.
In the morning was greeted with warmth and friendliness and breakfast was fantastic and a great price too, very child friendly and quiet hotel considering whereabouts it's location was

• Stayed October 2012
Ed_Pyke, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 3 November 2012
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had a good stay with us and I am pleased that you enjoyed our central location, breakfast and team service. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (892)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Ideal location. Quality provision i.e rooms and restaurant. Excellent and friendly staff, in all aspects of the service in the hotel. A family and child friendly hotel. The entrance was up a few steep steps, which made carrying suitcases slightly difficult. There is need to install a ramp. Above the ground floor and all individual rooms had good security.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our team to be friendly and helpful. I am pleased that you found that your room met with your expectations. Unfortunately we are a listed building and therefore unable to adapt our front entrance to feature a ramp, much as we would love to. We do have a bell at the bottom of the stairs which guests can ring for assistance. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I was visiting London and chose this hotel because of it's location by Westminster Bridge and the London Eye. It took some finding, as you walk across the bridge all you can see is The Marriott County Hall. I was not aware that County Hall is such an immense place containing the Premier Inn as well as the Marriott!
The staff were friendly and welcoming and there were lots of them. You can book in on an electronic gizmo (with assistance from the staff) or go to a regular check in desk. My room although a long walk was spacious, comfortable and clean but had no views.
The breakfast was amazing and really good value £8.95!! and catered for every taste. The bar was friendly and the barman amusing and helpful. I will definitely go there again.

Room Tip: Ask about a room with a view. There must be some.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank simon J
Thank you for you feedback and review. I am delighted that you had a good stay with us and found our reception team to be welcoming and friendly, our rooms comfortable and our breakfast to be of good value. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
France
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Handy location for this basic hotel in central London. Breakfast is good value compared to other London hotels. Self-check in possible also.
Only 30 mins of free wi-fi is a bit out of date.
Key cards get very readily erased by proximity to mobile phones/iPad's, etc. and need to be more robust. Room clean and big enough. One generic liquid soap dispenser.
Stairs up to reception (have to carry bags).
Lifts are slow. No possibility to use stairs.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast with us and found our location to be suitable to your needs. The 30mins free wifi is a brand initiative, and I know that in the long term we would like to offer free wifi to all our guests. Thank you for your feedback about your room, we do try and limit toiletries put into rooms so we can keep the costs down on bookings and pass these savings onto guests. We have two dispensers in rooms (one for soap and one for the shower) with branded high street products. We do have emergency stairs in the building which we can direct guests too if they do not wish to use the lifts. Unfortunately we cannot adapt our front entrance due to being a listed building but we have placed a bell at the bottom of the stairs which guests can ring for assistance. Thank you for your comments.
Bournemouth
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Just spent 2 days in Premier Inn County Hall London. Booked on the internet and got a good rate of £80 per night for the room and breakfast at 8.95 per person. My wife and I really enjoyed the location being a 3 minute walk to Waterloo Station and right next to the London Eye and Cruises etc which we used. The location is excellent being across Westminster Bridge from Houses of Parliment etc so everything is really close e.g. Tate / Abbey / shopping etc all walkable.
The greeting at reception and assistance was excellent and far better than other hotels I use, some major chains as well, as I travel a lot for work. The room was clean and comfortable with everything you need... and again clean!! Breakfast was excellent though make sure you pick your times as it can get busy. The luggage room was great as we left the luggage at the hotel and collected it later in day when we left.
I cannot fault the hotel or service and the location is perfect being very central, £80 per room per night is fantastic in central London.
Cannot rate the resturant as we booked and ate at Gilvary's right next to the Premier Inn though still in County Hall which has a huge selection of Gin's (Lovely!!) and great views of Houses of Parliment while you dine!
Great hotel.

Room Tip: Book on line early and save money...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Graham C
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had a good stay with us and I am pleased that you enjoyed our central location, and found our reception team to be friendly and helpful. This is exactly the type of atmosphere we hope to create. I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfast and made use of our left luggage facilities. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We have just returned from a flying visit to London. We chose the Premier Inn County Hall as it was in the heart of London and we had a weddinenin the HOuse Of Commons, we were sure it would provide a good standard of accomodation making our stay in London as stress free and enjoyable as possible. We learned that the location and hotel was ideal for us. It was amazing waking up to the sound of Big Ben chiming. The hotel is right beside the London Eye so there is a buzz in the air, its great fun leaving us longing to return to the same hotel in London but for longer next time.
Firstly we couldnt help but notice the security in the hotel was the very best we had ever seen. There is one entrance door that is well guarded, you can only go up in the lifts by putting your room card into the lift meaning even if the odd stranger walks in they wouldnt get past the entrance. The rooms were large, plenty of room with a king size bed, very modern rooms but very little staorage space infact that was a problem and we were only staying two nights. Got a shock when I saw there were no samples of bubble bath, soap or shampoos. You could buy them at reception but as there is a wee general store across the street, we made a quick trip over there and got what we had decided not the carry down in the plain with us.
I really must stress that if you have a problem with getting up and down steps this is not the hotel for you, to enter the hotel you firstly have to lug your cases up the very steep steps of which there are about twenty. I found this to be very hard as you really did have to lift them up each step one by one. There is no ramp to run your case up so I would think older people would have quite a problem getting in and out of the hotel even without their cases. I am sure the taxi drivers would help you in with cases but remember you still want to feel you can get out and about with out having to be lifted down stairs.I am told that there is infact a bell outside, if you ring this bell you will get help with your luggage.
All in all we fantastic stay, the hotel is of very high standard it is really well run with hard working and lovely friendly staff. We chose to eat at the hotel in the evening as we had walked miles during the day wanting to see all the sights we could on our mini break. Our meal was very good with plenty of choices, a bottle of decent white wine, two main meals and one dessert with two coffees came to forty pounds, not pricey we felt very pleased with our food and the service.
We learned we could have saved money on paying for our breakfasts by choosing a three course evening meal for twenty two pounds each. We read the menu and felt disapointed when we read that you got a free breakfast with the three course meal. We had booked up for accomodation with breakfasts at an extra cost of thirteen pounds each for each night of our stay. That was something we said we would be sure let others know about on trip adivsor. Enquire about the meal deals when booking up. Its the only thing that we could say we felt we should have thought of, I guess that was our our own fault for not asking when we booked up months ago. Maybe thats the downfall of booking online months in advance. I hope telling you this will mean you can make use of the offer on your holiday.
Roll on our holiday, we know if its London we will stay at the same hotel its ideal for people that want to feel safe in the area they are saying ( its on a private road ) with good room sizes, good value for your money with the choice of meals that I am sure would suit most tastes.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had a good stay with us and I am pleased that you enjoyed our central location, felt safe and secure and found your room to be clean and comfortable. Thank you for your feedback about our front entrance, unfortunately we are unable to adapt this as we are a listed building but we do indeed have a bell at the bottom that you can ring for assistance. I am pleased that you enjoyed your restaurant experience and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Great location, friendly staff, clean & comfy rooms. Used the VIP Carparking service which proved to be excellent and also competitive rates. Xavier was extremely helpful and assisted with luggage which left us free to sort out young children after a long journey, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Higher floors on East side have views of river, London eye
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Ed_Pyke, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our hotel to be clean and comfortable with great team service. Thank you for your feedback about our VIP Car Parking service, this is a great new addition to our services and I am delighted to hear that it was useful. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.