“Not bad considering the location”

Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel
Ranked #133 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Not bad considering the location”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed for 1 night. Its close to many central attractions and close to Waterloo which is handy. We found that the hotel was clean and the room was functional - but we have stayed in nicer Premier Inn's. Not bad considering the price and location though. The only let down was the evening meal in the thyme restaurant. My starter arrived cold and the prawns were so undercooked they were still blue. Pretty much all the other diners in the restaurant had problems with their food too. However the restaurant manager handled our problem well. Overall it's a good, reasonably priced central London hotel - but I wouldnt recommend the evening meal :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Ed_Pyke, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. Thank you for your feedback regarding your restaurant experience, I regret that you didn't haven't an enjoyable meal and I will pass this onto our restaurant manager so that we can further improve our experience. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (887)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
chesterfield
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Just had our first stay at a premier inn based on trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Great location, comfortable room and friendly, helpful staff. The breakfast and evening meal deal was excellent value and the food was of good quality. Only very minor gripe was the poor soundproofing of the room - the guests next door were quite noisy on several occasions through to the early hours on our first night. That aside we would definitely stay in a premier inn again. The left luggage facility was a really good bonus helping us to make the most of our short stay. Would definitely use premier inn again and would recommend to friends and family,

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience with us and found our team, dinner and breakfast to have exceeded your expectations. I am pleased that you made use of our left luggage facility to extend your stay in London. Please do let us know if any rooms keep you awake if you stay in Premier Inn again, we can dispatch our night team to investigate. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
wales
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This hotel was absolutely lovely.We booked for one night an ended up staying two! Yes, there are check-in machines in the foyer, but there was also two friendly receptionist there to assist. This hotel is situated right behind the London eye, there is so much to see and do for Adults and children, which was lovely! We had our car parked with Valet Unspired Parking, who are located inside the hotel. Xavier, the car valeting Gentleman, was exceptional! All in all this a hotel super exceeded itself! The food deal was £22 for three course meal, which consisted of a starter, main meal, an desert which also included one drink, wine/beer or soft drink and ALSO breakfast in the morning, which also consisted of full English/Continental/Fruit as much as you can eat!!!!!!!! .......Wonderful Exprience

Room Tip: If booking in advance see if you can reserve rooms facing London Eye
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paulineodriscoll23
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and I am pleased that you encountered friendly and helpful team members. Thank you for your feedback about VIP Car Parking. This is a relatively new venture for us so its great to hear about your experience with this service. I will pass this on directly to Xavier. Thank you for your feedback regarding our restaurant, the meal deal certainly is great value for money so I am pleased you enjoyed this offer. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Ludlow, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2012

This was a perfect stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a family room which was clean and compared to others we have stayed in a very spacious room and exceptionally good value from the breakfast to the wifi.

Looking forward to staying again very soon.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicola N
Ed_Pyke, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2012
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed our central location, breakfast, team and rooms. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
England
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We only stayed for one night but were very impressed. Room was a good size, bed comfortable and everything very clean. Breakfast was great....everything you could want.The hotel is right behind the London Eye and very walkable to major attractions. There are bus stops nearby that run regularly and take you anywhere further afield. (Covent Garden only 5 bus stops....Victoria Station 4 stops). Also nearby Underground stations although we didn't have the need to use them. The hotel has a secure room where you can leave your luggage. I wouldn' hesitate to recommend the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed our central location, rooms and breakfast. Its also great to hear that you made use of our left luggage facility in order to extend your London visit. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Manchester
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I recently stayed at this Premier Inn on business and found the staff to be extremely attentive, pleasent and most importantly, actually happy to be there! The check in girls were great and the bar staff were perfect - serving us at last orders and leaving us happily chatting in the bar until 3am with no complaints!
I also used the tied in service - VIP Parking. Because of the location of the hotel, visiting by car (essential due to my ongoing business plans) could have been a nightmare... so I took some time online to check out the nearish NCP offerings but found the VIP offering to be the most cost effective and convenient and pre booked it online (although I believe you can even book it on arrival at the hotel reception).
The hotel is accessed through an automatis barrier and there is 20 minutes free parking outside. Upon arrival and check in the girls called Xavier to come and sort out my car. What a top bloke! Just like all the other staff he had an excellent degree of customer service. I sat in reception while he popped out to take a couple of photos of my car and list any imperfections prior to me signing the agreement. He then explained everything fully and gave me his mobile number in case of emergency and for when I wanted the car back. I had explained that it would likely be around 5pm the following day when I would require the car... so at 4.55pm he even rang me to check I was ok and if I was on my way back to the hotel to get the car! I arrived back at the hotel from my conference 15 minutes later, grabbed my luggage from the baggage area and there was Xavier to whip away my bags into the car for me and help me on my way. All in all an excellent experience at the Premier Inn, with the VIP Parking being probably the best value parking experience you can find in London. Five stars!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Helen F
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found good service from both our reception and bar team. Thank you for your thorough feedback regarding our VIP Valet Parking service, this is a relatively new partnership so its great to hear your thoughts which I will also pass on to Xavier. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Absolutely fantastic location,just across road from Waterloo station,yards from the London eye and river cruises and not much further to parliament square. Very clean and we had no road noise at all. Staff all very helpful and the restaurant. Attached offered good value food with ample choice. Definitely returning and would recommend to anyone

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed our central location, cleanliness, team and restaurant experience. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.