“Good choice--very central”

Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel
Ranked #135 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here for a week back in March. This was my first trip to Europe so I had been preparing myself for a small, tight room--but this was the largest hotel room I've ever stayed in! It was massive. My friend and I had all the space we needed. The beds were very comfortable. Shower head in the bathroom was a bit problematic; I had hung my clothes on the back of the bathroom door, took my shower, and found that the shower was spraying over the curtain rod, directly at my clothes. They were soaked pretty quickly. Other than that, this hotel was great. The staff were very helpful upon check-in and check-out.

This is very conveniently located; quick walk over to the Waterloo Station. I took a walk on our first night there and being right beside the river offered some great sightseeing. It's also the easiest place to get back to when you're exhausted and just take a cab home: you can just tell the driver to take you to the London Eye.

I'd definitely stay here again. Completely worth the money paid.

Room Tip: If you need a quick bite to eat but don't want to venture out, Ned's Noodle Box is right acr...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We booked a room here several months ago and then checked in online and paid 2 days before we were arriving hoping that it would save us time. Upon our arrival we were directed to a bank of check-in kiosks similar to those you find at airports where we were supposed to be able to register. When we entered our booking details into the kiosk our booking wasn't recognised so we ended up having to be dealt with by a human being after all. That in itself wasn't the problem, our frustration began when we were told that inspite of our pre-check-in and pre-payment there was not a room available for us so we ended up in an 'Access Room' for the disabled. We had booked a twin room but this had one large double bed and then a second which was little more than a camp bed, provided I think for the assistant of the disabled person. As the double bed seemed to be two singles joined I asked if they could split them up and make them into individual beds again but was told this was not possible and that instead they would put a an extra quilt on the camp bed for me to sleep on! So much for the good night's sleep guarantee.

Having said all that, the hotel is ideally placed right by Waterloo station and the London Eye, the buffet breakfast was very good and the staff very nice.

Just be aware that pre-paying does not necessarily guarantee you a room!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie T
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here in March 2014 for business. Hotel is in an ideal location, receptionist was very helpful when checking in. Had a lovely meal in the restaurant that evening. Room was clean and spacious. Would definitely recommend for business or leisure.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I visit the UK from Australia approximately every two years to see my family. My recent trip was the second time I have stayed at this hotel, which my brother recommended, as I always like to visit London and see the sights particularly when I have my son with me. The hotel is conveniently five minutes walk from Waterloo station where I arrive by train. Just two minutes walk and you are on the embankment and can easily continue on foot to Big Ben/Houses of Parliament, Whitehall and Trafalgar Square to name but a few. I have a 15 year old son and could have him eat breakfast for no additional cost to that paid for myself. Great value for such a central location in London and although my stays have been relatively short, I would gladly stay for longer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

From arrival to departure the staff at the hotel could not do enough for you. The rooms were very spacious and more importantly very clean. The location was second to none - just a short walker over Westminster Bridge from the tube station, which is ideal when travelling with children. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Spent 16 nights and what a great location so close to so many attractions, friendly staff, good sized room the bed was comfortable and bathroom was bright and clean and good access to tube stations and rail. This is a good location for first time visitors to London.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Considering the hotel is right beside the London Eye this is exceptional value for money. I found the whole experience excellent. Although partially automated, the hotel has still provided some friendly and helpful reception staff. My room was a good size for a London hotel and very clean. The restaurant was a most welcome addition, considering my late arrival, and served wholesome food. This hotel is very well located for major conferences e.g at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge. Easy walk across the Thames for some great views.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SirGoogle
Sarah A, Operations Graduate at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us here at London County Hall Premier Inn. It is great to read that you had a good stay with us and enjoyed our central location. I hope that you once again choose to stay with us at County Hall Premier Inn on your next trip to London.