“Excellent location and clean comfortable rooms”

Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel
Ranked #134 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Hull, UK
“Excellent location and clean comfortable rooms”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here after a trip to Wimbledon and it was very convenient. Right in the heart of Waterloo, and yet reasonably quiet. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, everything was very clean and the breakfast was both delicious and very good value (I had 2 children with me who 'ate free'). The hot food looked fresh and there was a good variety of muffins, croissants, toast, cereals etc. The coffee was goood and hot (which is more than I can say for the Hilton next door).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (885)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Boston, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to this hotel and it didn't disappoint. However, this time I was in pot and was hobbling around on crutches. The staff are all fantastic, and extra assistants were offered to me without having to ask, from helping me with breakfast to sending up extra towels to my room. The room was as perfect and with extra fans available I was able to sleep like a baby even in the summer heat. I got so comfy in bed, even with a pot on my foot, I really didn't want to get out..! Breakfast was perfect and really set me up for the day, plus they've changed the sausages on breakfast and now there even better. The staff are all welcoming and greet you with a smile and are genuinely pleased to see you and help in any way possible. Keep up the good work guys and no doubt I'll be back soon no doubt.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great location, convenient for Waterloo mainline station, the Thames Clipper for the O2 arena and everything the South Bank has to offer as well Covent Garden across the river. For the price, compared to other London hotels, this is superb value for money. There are no frills but if you just need a clean and comfortable base you couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 14 July 2014

A very clean and beautiful hotel. Great place because is near the center of London. We stayed here for 4 days with 2 children and only one day we used metro, because we can visit all the attractions by foot. Big Ben, Westminster, Aquarium, London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, Chortcil's , St James Park, Exhibition Road, St Paul, City, Tate Gallery, SouthWalk, Coven Garden, British Museum. Only for Nottinh Hill and London Zoo we used metro. Near the hotel is the attractive SouthWalk. And i have to notice the very very kind staff and the very clean and big room. And also i have to notice the correct value for money. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms seeing the gardens, the London Wheel and the river. Room 401, 402 are very big and with beauti...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Ok another trip to glorious London and another Premier Inn. It won't be any surprise then that it's going to be an honest, and positive experience, right? Well, yes. I've always been a believer in the fact that you get what you pay for, and for the most part that's the truth. In all the Premier Inn's we have stayed at we get that feeling. Great service, good food and a decent room. I have to say this particular one in more expensive, but given the location that's understandable.

Situated just around the corner from the London Eye and housed in the beautiful County Hall, this place is right, smack in the middle of almost everything there is you'll want to see in this magnificent city. Westminster bridge, the London Eye, the Aquarium and the imposing London Dungeon. And much, much more. After, oh about ten seconds you forget about the price and realize how fantastic the area is. My wife and son aimlessly wandered along the South bank and enjoyed the sights and sounds. The skateboarders provided some great entertainment by producing such epic fails that at one point I'm sure I saw Charlie Chaplin shaking his head in disbelief (no disrespect intended). Beers were enjoyed in the sunshine (not my son you understand, he was happy with some icey J2O) and really strange iced yogurt concoctions were made by my son (autism is great like that) so much so that the vendor told my wife "I've never really mixed coconut, passion fruit, banana and Oreo before!". Yeah, I'll bet you haven't.
So much walking, so many sights and so many toilets that charge 50p for a pee. God only knows how much they would charge for.... ahem on with the review!

Aside from the surroundings, there is only one thing that's a real must in any hotel for us. happy staff. As soon as we walked in we were greeted with smiling faces, which instantly made us feel welcome. A notable lack of a reception desk was confusing at first but it only took moments to realize why. You were never there long enough to lean on one. Straight in and straight up to the room. No messing about. Excellent. Here you'll find some of the best, nicest and genuinely happy guys n gals you're likely to come across this side of a hippy festival. It wasn't all for show either, as just hanging around and watching them interact with each other. They just looked like they were having such a good time at work. Are they mad?

The rooms are basic: two beds, one big one small. One bathroom one toilet. One tv, one phone, fan and hairdryer, comfortable beds... oh you get the picture. It was basic, nice and clean. And who really cares? We are in the greatest city on earth and the only thing we use a room for is sleeping off the food, beer and the long walks. (I have to say to the staff member who told us when asked "Oh I wouldn't walk all the way to the hard Rock Cafe from here. It'll take ages!" Well we did and it didn't. We here in Wales walk that distance for a leg of lamb I'll have you know.

Now the really important stuff. The food: Breakfast is simply the best you'll get anywhere. Delicious collection of cereals, toast and yogurts. bacon, eggs, beans, hash browns and so much more. All cooked to perfection I might add. Even had my beloved Marmite (but no cheese. Wallace and Gromet would be ashamed you know). Also an excellent main course menu for the evening. I had the Asian Feast curry, which was surprisingly large (which unsurprisingly made me very happy). Again perfectly cooked and well presented, as was the fish and chips and pizza had by my wife and son. I'll leave you to guess who had what.

All in all, and to sum up (as I've mentioned food far too many times now) this Premier Inn is indeed one of my favourite places to stay, from location to staff to everything else. I have to say thanks personally the all the staff there who made our stay an absolute pleasure.

Premier is the word.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room facing the Thames. This is the only thing I didn't do and wished i did. Then...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Pembroke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is an excellent hotel in an excellent location, with excellent facilities and excellent staff. Very good service, the staff are *very* welcoming. Spotlessly clean, everything within easy reach - breakfast/restaurant and bar on site. Only a 5 minute walk to Waterloo station. Cafes, restaurants, souvenir shops all very close by along with of course, The London Eye, Aquarium and Dungeon. A short walk across Westminster Bridge to Big Ben and to Westminster Pier where you can board for the river cruises. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to others without hesitation. Thank you very much.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great breakfast, great location. fast check-in. elevator system just horrible as it will take 40 sec to close the door. Refurbishing, so expect some noise as pr. summer 2014. bed was ok, but bathroom is horrible, no shampoo or lotion so bring your own.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Simon N, Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Premier Inn County Hall. We appreciate the time spent to give a review of our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast that we offer. We give a wide variety of breakfast choices with the gluten free and vegetarian options also. Our check-in systems are designed to be quick and easy and we also offer an online check-in option, which makes it easier upon arrival.

With regards to the refurbishment, we are cleaning the outside of our beautiful grade 2 listed building this summer, however there will be very minimal disruption to our guests as this is on the exterior of the building. We apologise that you did not find our lifts or bathroom services to your satisfaction. If you ever need anything we are here to help you 24 hours a day. We hope that this will assist you in any future visits.