“Great location”

Ranked #136 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Great location”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the Premier Inn at County Hall. The first time was in 2000. Rooms are very comfortable and a nice size. You are just a stones throw away from Westminster, Big Ben, Downing street and of course the London eye. It was as good as I remembered it from 14 years ago. Only gripe was that wifi was only free for 30 mins within a 24 hour period. Having just come from Scandinavia where it was free in all the main cities I was quite surprised. I like to message family and friends on viber at night and in the morning so I had to bite the bullet and pay. I dont know if this is the case with other London hotels. Otherwise it was great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (892)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

County Hall Premier Inn was in a great location close to plenty of sites and near 2 undergrounds. We had a great stay. We didn't really hear much at night and had a great nights sleep. Room temperature slightly too warm but it was very hot.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrived it was a very long journey from Southampton we checked in early and at half 1 were able to pick up our keys! We went in and were massively surprised the room was huge! Everything was spotless and lovely! Very pleased! Had tea and coffee at the ready and can always ask for more! Plenty of towels which my only real complaint was there's no fan in the bathroom so had to mop the floor with a towel. The bed was huge and lovely! Sadly haven't slept though as been ill my first night! And hoping my second tonight I feel better! But if there was anywhere to be ill it would be here. It was just lovely :) the staff were really friendly. Always greeted with a smile and at there to help if needed. Could come and go as you please as there 24 hours! The location is amazing as me and my fiancé had a nice small view of the London eye! So when up at night it was nice to turn my chair and look out the window to it all lit up! We had 2 fans in the room to me that was plenty but my fiancé would of liked aircon. But we understand as a listed building there's probably only so much they can do! People complaining about the windows to be honest if they opened anymore they would be a hazard! So there perfect the way they are. Everything about our stay here as been perfect. Only small picky thing I could say was price was quite over priced :( so wish I could of stayed longer as breakfast isn't included either and that's quite pricey but very much looking forward to it in the morning! All around the place is lovely and quite! Very clean!! And staff are spot on :) keep up the good work! Will recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed July 2014
Edinburgh
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great value for money in Central London, everything you need, staff all very nice and friendly, they make the hotel. It was a very hot weekend, extra fans made available, sheets and iced water at no extra cost. The meal deal really great as kids have free breakfast. I would recommend this hotel as a base for doing stuff in London, great for families.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Exceptionally friendly, helpful staff. Fantastic location within walking distance of so many iconic London landmarks. 5 mins to Waterloo Station. Very close to rental car companies and some reasonable restaurants. Good hearty all you can eat breakfast. Clean sizable room with thorough daily service.
Weather was unusually hot- over 30deg, making the room very hot and uncomfortable day and night- poor sleep on 3 of 5 nights. Hotel does not have air conditioning in rooms due to heritage laws although a portable fan was provided - followed by a second portable fan on request. Windows only open a fraction. Wifi was quick with easy connection, but only 30min free of charge. Would definitely stay again hoping the hot summer not repeated.

Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed two nights to see my daughters graduation and also as a birthday treat for my wife. The location was perfect for us and is also ideal for tourism, being on The Southbank and close to The Houses of Parliament.
The staff are excellent, professional, friendly, courteous and very helpful.
The dinners were of a good quality and breakfasts were ok, very good value for money as we purchased this as a meal deal as part of the stay, but we would use the restaurant again even if we were not staying at the hotel.
The room was basic, but adequate and very clean. The bed lived up to the advertising hype as it was very comfortable.
Based upon all of the above I would have given a four star rating to this hotel, but there was one major problem:
The room was unbearably hot. There was no air-conditioning (which I knew when booking) but the windows had safety devices fitted meaning they only opened up about one inch. Fans were provided, but there just wasn't enough cool air getting in during the evening or night. The room temperature ranged between 27.5 and 29.8 degrees. We had to keep the fans running all night due to the heat, but they were noisy. This meant we had a very poor sleep on both nights. When we told the staff they refunded our first nights stay.
Considering the location, this hotel offers great value for money, but we would rather pay a bit more to have a cooler room giving a better nights sleep. This is a "listed" building so I understand that improvements are difficult, however I am sure a suitable cooling solution could be found. Unless they fit better windows or get air-conditioning I would not stay here in the summer months again. I would, however, definitely return between autumn and spring and if all else remains unchanged I would look forward to giving this hotel a great review.

Room Tip: If booking in summer ask for a "cool" room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great location with many of London's attractions close-by. Staff was friendly, but didn't see much of them except at checkin/out.
Breakfast was average, nothing special. Selection was perhaps on conservative side.

I recommend the hotel for families who want quick access to central attractions. For couples and others, you'll get more value for money by staying at a place e.g. one tube stop away.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family