“Fantastic value, big room, great location & lovely staff”

Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel
Ranked #135 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Stayed here in a family room for 4 nights in August 2009 with children aged 14 & 11. Staff were extremely efficient and pleasant but didn't bother us unnecessarily e.g. housekeeping was speedy & unobtrusive, staff printed our return boarding passes for us and check-out took all of 6 seconds. Staff greeted us in the corridors & at breakfast & explained breakfast buffet very clearly. Hotel room & bathroom were of a fantastic standard, were spacious & looked like they had never been used before! The hotel building itself is lovely & forms part of a bigger block incorporating the Dali museum & London Eye offices. Double-glazing was very effective in shutting out city noise. Breakfast was varied, plentiful, hot and tasty. The County Hall location is great as it's very close to Waterloo tube station & there's plenty of life all day & in the evenings around the London Eye, Westminister and Southbank areas e.g. street performers, bars, restaurants, nice walks. We will DEFINITELY stay here again.

Reviewed 24 August 2009

I've stayed here a few times on business over the past couple of year and have always found the rooms clean and comfortable and have enjoyed a good breakfast each time. On the most recent visit, the room was too warm (around 26C) and the chambermaid had not left the window open. The hotel had provided a fan which improved matters slightly, but some proper air conditioning would be good. The rooms are surprisingly quiet even the ones overlooking the street.

Very convenient for Waterloo station, the London Eye, Westminster Abbey etc etc.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2009

We stayed here as a family of four. Cost us about 120 pounds. we found that to be a good value compared to other hotels in london, especially with the two kids in tow.
excellent location next to london eye, close to the tube, breakfast is good deal as kids eat free, and it's all you can eat buffet style, quick and easy. Kids enjoyed buskers close by at london eye. I like being walking distance to globe theater. Rooms were in very good shape. No air conditioning when we stayed, and london was having a hot spell, but fans in room. I"ve had good luck with this chain, I stayed at one of their hotels in doncaster a while back. Only complaint, elevators were slow, and you weren't allowed to take the stairs for some strange reason. wi-fi was expensive. but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2009

London is expensive! This is one of the few chain hotels available. They are right close to the London Eye, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the Thames and within walking distance of many other attractions. London is easy to get around in using the Underground-so you are within reach of everything. The rooms were clean, the restaurant food was very good. We felt breakfast was a little pricey tho, so went across the street for a less expensive breakfast. Also a nice Italian restaurant is catty-corner. The staff was great and very helpful. They had wifi-but it was not free-I didn't like that part. All in all tho, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SmitchKansasCityMO
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Spent 3 nights here on a sightseeing trip with family.
Excellent location, on the banks of the Thames, within walking distance of London Eye, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, and Waterloo and Charing Cross stations, and piers.
Very friendly and helpful staff.
Comfortable rooms, no frills hotel. Note: no airconditioning, no alarm clocks in rooms.

1  Thank sunnyvale_family
Reviewed 10 August 2009

This hotel is ideally located. It is right beside the London eye, minutes from big ben and short walks away from all the major locations. Other hotels may offer more, but I'm sure at a much greater price. Simple, no frills, for value for money this hotel cannot be beaten. I arrived with wife and 2 teeenagers. The room was immaculate and looked like it had been recently refurbished. All staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We included breakfast in our package and I'm pleased we did. Buffet style with all the usual options available and to a high standard. We also dined in the restaurant at evening and the quality of food and service was superb.

Reviewed 9 August 2009

Having travelled to London 4th August 2009 with my two young daughters (7yrs and 9yrs) I was suddenly faced with the position of having no accommodation that night due to double-booking,(another story...)
We were at The London Eye and I was able to go to the Premier Inn behind County Hall, to see if they could help. I received all help, attention. and suggestions for my case.
My daughters have special needs preventing travel on the underground and so the staff shortlisted my options with Premier Inn.
A lucky cancellation just at that moment meant that we were able to stay right there and I'm very glad we did. The main staff, I have to thank are Lennie and Eve who did a fantastic job and went out of their way to help. I noted that all the staff were courteous and always said 'Hello' with a smile.
The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable, along with a pleasant view of the Southbank.. The bathroom again was surprisingly large, spotless and new? The beds were comfy and all mod cons were there and functioning.
Only one small point, as another reviewer noted, the doors were extremely heavy and so needed a hard shove to open. My girls have weak limbs and wedged the bathroom door open with a towel! but it wasn't a problem...
The management had already noted the heat and due to a lack of air conditioning, had provided fans. (my girls liked the Ben and Jerry's Ice-cream vending machine in the lift area)!
The Location is ideal, as Westminster Bridge easily leads to many of the sights. Big Ben, The Thames and The London Eye all lit up on a warm evening takes some beating.Children were well catered for and ate breakfast for free.The dining room was busy, but it was efficiently run and the well cooked & presented food just kept coming... A wide range of tastes catered for and as much as you like. fruit-salad and muffins for breakfast lovely!.
As we left, we passed Lennie who immediately wanted to know that all had been well, very nice. We felt relaxed in a busy city and for this reasonable price , I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank rosey001