“If it had happened it would have been lovely!”
Review of Best Tours

London Harry Potter Walking Tour
Ranked #24 of 177 Food & Drink in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Great British Tours offer a great range London walking tours of and private chauffeur driven tours of London and the UK.
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“If it had happened it would have been lovely!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We had been looking forward to our chocolate tour of Oxford for several weeks. After a one and half hour bus journey we found our way to the meeting place (15 minutes early as instructed). We waited and we waited and then tried phoning Great British Tours without success. I had originally bought a voucher through Travel Zoo so although I did not consider it was their fault I asked them if they could help us. They eventually reached the company an hour and a half later. It turned out that the tour had been cancelled but nobody had informed us. (I had received a confirmation email from Great British Tours so they could have emailed me.) Travel Zoo apologised on behalf of Great British Tours and also refunded my money but the reason I felt the need to write this review is that I did not even get an email apology from Great British Tours whose fault it had been. This experience (admitedly mainly the London one) gets such fantastic reviews I feel very disappointed and frustrated that we had a totally wasted journey so I advise anyone booking this tour through Great British tours should double check that it will be taking place.

1 Thank Linda J
Shacklonian, Manager at Best Tours, responded to this review, 6 October 2014
We are very sorry that your Oxford Chocolate Tour was cancelled and that you have not had satisfactory communication with us since. This by no means represents the standard of service we set ourselves, and of course one unhappy customer is one too many. Our sincere apologies, and we would be grateful if you could take the time to email direct to ferry@voidtravel.net with your original booking details so that we can investigate the issue. Once again, our apologies.

Munich, Germany
“Jack the Ripper Tour”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Jack the Ripper walking tour was a great way to spend an evening with a difference in London! Our tour guide Joe was great - not only was he a friendly guy, he also was very entertaining in telling the stories and setting the scene and is obviously knows his stuff! Joe took us to some iconic murder sites and shared some theories about who the Ripper really was - as well as a few gruesome details - along the way! The tour lasted about 1h 45m which was suitable. We had discounted tickets for £10 (rather than the usual £20, which might be a little steep). Overall a great experience, which Joe helped to make even more entertaining!

London
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Jack the Ripper Walking Tour - Very Interesting”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

This walking tour takes you around the 5 key murder sights attributed to Jack the Ripper. Our guide John (who being from Edinburgh had a wonderful way of pronouncing 'murder') knew his stuff and was able to gave us an excellent flavour of both the Ripper events and the London of the time (and despite living in this city for nearly 40 years I also learnt a few things about the East End I didn't know).

London, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Magical time”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Went on the Harry Potter Tour last week with my other half who is really into Harry Potter and all that magical stuff. Despite of the rain, I had a good time walking around London seeing the sites - Alan is very engaging and knowledgable in Harry Potter facts and random fun information about different parts of London and their landmarks. I would highly recommend Alan and his tour.

Cergy, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Twice as fun !”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I cannot recommend this enough, for John, our tour guide, was very entertaining and funny. Not only did we learn about Potter-related stuff, we also learned about the city itself, which was really interesting. A must do !