“Change...”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Well I have lived in this area since 1974 and this place was often a bit of a dump, It changed hands a while ago, and My wife and I have looked at it and thought perhaps we should give it a try, My wife went a week or so earlier with a friend and said hay this is good, I will take you, and so last night very tired after a long day and a 300 mile drive I said, lets unwind locally. I like the atmosphere, the food, the service, the ambiance in fact everything. It really is like being in someone's dining room, with special attentive service. Middleton Road / Whittington Road is a bit of the beaten track, its not the high street, by hay, find it give it a try I think you will now be disappointed. . Good Greek food.

5  Thank Adrian2526

Reviewed 4 April 2012

We went here based on trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. Eclectic style and ambiance made for a great night. The food was tasty, the staff friendly, the barman made a wicked Margarita. Only widh we could have stayed for live music but we had tickets for a gig at Alexandra Palace. When we asked the manager how long it would take to walk there he insisted on giving us a lift up the hill. We were on a weekend in London, if only we lived nearer we would be regulars.

4  Thank FambridgeWoman
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Went to this wonderful little restuarant the other night,and boy was it worth it.Food was amazing,we had the meze between 6 of us and couldnt finish it.Great atmospher in there and the young owner was really very helpful explanying about the food, good selection of lagers and wines, the girls really liked the cocktails and we will be going back there again very soon.
Well done and thanks.

5  Thank stuart b
Reviewed 3 March 2012

My Partner and I have just moved back into Bounds Green having been in Brighton for 2.5 years. We were amazed at how much the area had changed and were excited to see the addition of Mum's Lounge - although the bizarre name gave us some hesitation.

Early on a Friday evening we decided to give it a try - we almost baulked when we had to squeeze past a group of young Greek men smoking at the entrance, but are glad we didn't worry about the first impression. The bar and restaurant was practically empty and that and the rather 80's eclectic decor again made us wonder if we had made a mistake.

Service was impeccable and friendly and we soon felt welcome. Ordering a nice bottle of NZ wine and the Mezze for two we relaxed a little despite the lack of atmosphere and settled into enjoy our meal. We were astounded at the quality and quantity of food! Value for money does not begin to describe this! We simply could not eat all the food and the fabulous waiting staff insisted we take the leftovers home - which our dogs very much appreciated.

If only the place was busier and had a bit more atmosphere I am sure this place would be local treasure. Come on Bowes Park and Bounds Green support Mum's Lounge and keep it in business!

4  Thank Kiwi_Ant
Reviewed 4 December 2011

a good choice of food,nice layout, a good drinks menu, nice family of owners and waiters who are all round friendly people..the place is a hit with the locals as well as regular diners whom i often notice..also if your tottenham fan the place covers most games..keep up the good work guys!! X

4  Thank Tp2012