Tavistock Hotel
US$302
US$276
Hilton
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$199
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$264
Doubletree
US$242
Rubens Hotel
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$131
Travelocity
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$169
US$475
Travelocity
  • Pool
2,762 results
All reviewsrussell squareimperial hotelsbritish museumjacques wine bareuston stationfull english breakfastrooms are basickings crossbudget hotelbuffet stylebreakfast staffcovent gardensister hotelexcellent locationtea and coffeepiccadilly linest pancras
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is in an excellent location in Russell Square, about one block away from the tube (subway) station (5 minute walk) making it very easy to visit all of London's main tourist attractions. There are also hop on hop off tour buses right outside the hotel. There are restaurants and a bar in the area. Around the block there is a small shopping area. The rooms are basic, but very clean. It is good value for a hotel in a nice and safe area of London. Lovely little park across the street from the hotel. Staff are very courteous. Breakfast was included with my room and consisted of a full English breakfast with other choices like beans, fish, porridge, cereal and fruit. It was great! Dining room staff are very friendly, courteous and provide top notch service. The dining area is very clean and I noticed an award on the door for cleanliness. There is a lobby bar and reception area that welcomes travellers who would like to sit and use the free lobby wifi. There is another restuarant connected to the hotel lobby that is excellent. Overall I would highly recommend this place if you want a basic clean room in a great area!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

11 of us stayed here in 3 rooms booked at very short notice after our other accomodation fell through. 4 in a room was a little cramped, but we did not spend too much time in the room, so it wasn't an issue. The room on the top floor was incredibly hot, the room on floor 7 less so, and the 4th floor room was comfortable. If we had the windows open, the room was very noisy, so sleep wasn't as good as it could have been.
The rooms and bathrooms were clean and housekeeping did a good job tidying up after us!
The breakfast was reasonable with both continental and English options.
Staff were polite and helpful. The 50s bowling alley around the corner was recommended to us by staff, and we had a good couple of hours there at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The only positives about this hotel are the staff who were all exceptionally friendly and helpful and the location, otherwise, I would give it a steer-clear!
We spent a week there and it was 5 days too many. We stayed in room 523, great view and not too noisy except for teen neighbors and eorld cup nights when the bar below was in full swing. The biggest negatives (as stated by others) are the rooms - small, old, dirty, beds horrible - felt more like hammocks than beds. I'm sure they have not been replaced since the hotel was first built. The breakfast was the other main negative - staff rude, abrupt, started putting food away before time. Do be aware that different rooms have different breakfasts and you will be charged if you eat from the food trays that are not in your breakfast - silly and confusing system! We had a full breakfast included but it was so bad that we opted to pay for breakfast outside the hotel.
Other major drawback - internet or lack thereof!
There are other much better or at least similar hotels in the same area - try Cartwright Gardens (2 blocks away and much more quiet!), or Paddington area. Similar prices, better hotels!

Room Tip: Room 523 was cramped, although has a good view....
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed at the Tavistock in June for 3 nights,it was for my wife's 50th Birthday and we just needed somewhere as a base for going out to theatre shows etc...
The location of the hotel is ideal,5 minutes walk from Euston railway station and about 20 minutes from theatre land.
The room was basic but reasonably comfortable,bathroom was clean and functional.
We had breakfast included in the deal,this was a buffet style and the food was very good,the restaurant can get very busy at certain times and queuing for a table is not uncommon.
For the money we paid (particularly for London) I was more than happy with the standard of the hotel and I would stay there again.....

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 3269nick
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed here in May 2014.
The check in staff were polite and helpful.
The room was on the second floor over-looking Tavistock square.
This is a fairly busy area - especially in rush hour.
The room was your average double bedded affair with associated furniture.
The bathroom was well equipped with an over bath shower.
To be honest it was just a base over-night and a place to sleep.
The bed was not the most comfortable as I am spoiled at home with a Hypnia memory foam mattress and pillows.
I never had breakfast in the morning so I cannot comment on the restaurant area.
All I saw was reception / lift / lift / stairs / hallway and the room.
Would I stay again? - Yes I am booked on the 3rd July.
Would I recommend the hotel? - Yes - it is handy for Euston (3 minute flat walk) / Kings cross stations / underground. Tottenham Court road is a few minutes walk away as is the University of London (around the corner)

Room Tip: I will be asking for a rear facing room or a higher front facing room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business