“Good for Kings Cross”
Review of The Euro Hotel

The Euro Hotel
Ranked #462 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Good average hotel with good breakfast and pleasant staff. Clean room and bathroom. Not the biggest room but quite adequate for the price. Free WiFi. Handy location for Kings Cross station and easy walk to nearest underground at Russell Square.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2012

The only negative is that like many old hotels in London the sound proofing isn't too good and there are steep stairs. But the area is nice with handy restaurants shops and tube/rail nearby. I would stay again if visiting london

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Angela D
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Stayed here for four nights in May'12. we had a three bedded room, But the room was quite small with a even smaller bathroom. However the room had a good view, very clean, good wi-fi. The real let down in the room was the wash basin which was beside the bed. The room though had a nice small AC which was very convenient during the last week of May.

However the great advantage of this hotel is the location. Just ten minutes leisurely walk from Euston, Kings Cross or Russel Square. All very central and very convenient to move around. There are number of restaurant nearby and British Museum is also in a walking distance.

One more thing, the service was excellent. The breakfast , though made to order, was nothing exceptional. one can drop luggage the whole day after checking out before cathcing a train in the evening.

Overall nice budget hotel in a very central london location. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Recently stayed here for one night, beautiful location and the rooms are very clean with lovely bathrooms and spacious shower. However we felt that the breakfast let it down. There were no tables free for breakfast and we had to wait at least ten minutes to be seated. The breakfast was not freshly cooked and both the sausage and bacon had seen better days, being one of the last to be seated for breakfast should no affect the quality of what you are served and I never find it great to be served tinned mushrooms in any hostelry.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My wife and I quite enjoyed this hotel, having stayed here for 4 nights.
The location is fabulous, 10 minute (slow) walk from St Pancras. From here you can get anywhere in the city via the tube, but my wife did her daily walk to Oxford and Regent Streets without a problem while I was at work. And being close to St Pancras there are countless pubs, restaurants and cafes.
I'm not sure who runs the hotel, but you could not ask for more. Incredibly courteous, helpful and gracious. We went for breakfast each morning - the first morning we found the breakfast room quite full and figured we would be having multiple coffees before our custom ordered "English breakfast" arrived. We weren't even done our first coffee and we were being served. Plenty of young staff who work incredibly hard - and coincidentally clean the rooms once they have finished with breakfast. Must be a long day.
The rooms were absolutely spotless (and my wife knows clean). Yes, rooms are a tad small (like most places in London) and having a room on the top floor - with no elevator - was challenging after a night of "curry" and pubs. So be forewarned and book a room on a lower floor if climbing is an issue.
I don't believe there is any airco, but the hotel is in a very quiet court and we slept with the windows wide open with no problems.
In short, we would definately go back to this hotel if for nothing else but the fabulous service.

Room Tip: Pre-book a room on a lower floor if climbing is an issue as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vilvoorde
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I recently stayed for 3 nights and was thoroughly impressed. The hotel is spotlessly clean in every respect. I stayed in a basic single room (£63 PN), meaning there was no en suite, but the toilets and showers (which were decent power-wise, and the water was always hot) were as spotlessly clean as my room and the rest of the hotel. My room, albeit small, was comfortable and had all the space I needed for someone who was only needed a roof at night more than anything. Rooms were cleaned, beds changed and towels replaced every morning. Breakfast was served in a lovely dining area, with most tastes catered for.

Location-wise, the hotel is situated 5 minutes from Euston Station, is also within walking distance of St. Pancras/King's Cross, so is well connected public transport-wise, and is a 20-30 minute walk from many main streets in Central London.

If I had to pick a gripe or two, firstly: there is no lift, so if stairs aren't your thing then you may have trouble here. Secondly, I was situated on the top floor (3rd), and it was very warm. Although fans are provided in rooms, I had to keep my window open overnight. The street outside wasn't too noisy, but it may be an idea to bring some earplugs all the same given the hotel is near the busy Euston Road.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again due to the location and price. Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Silar M
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel is great value in the centre of London and particularly convenient for Bloomsbury.

As the other reviews say it is immaculately clean, has polite and friendly (eastern european?) staff and offers everything you need for a pleasant stay at a reasonable rate.

It is a small hotel but everything is perfect although not luxurious. Being a small hotel, I think you cannot expect them to have lots of fresh pastries or fresh fruit available to choose from for breakfast. But there was a choice of 3 different fruit juices (unfortunately not grapefruit), four kinds of cereal and the eggs and bacon I had for 'english breakfast' were freshly cooked very nicely. I really think you would find it hard to do better for the price with breakfast and wireless internet included also in the rate.

It will be my first choice next time I stay in London on my own and would also consider suggesting it to my wife for a weekend break in London without breaking the bank! The staff at the Euro Hotel should be proud of the standard of service provided! The hotel is certainly more pleasant than some of the bigger hotels I have stayed-in in London.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo