“A pleasent place to stay”
Review of The Euro Hotel

The Euro Hotel
Ranked #456 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 January 2013

This is a good place to stay. Single room is small room but well equiped with washbasin, toilet & shower down the hall. Close to transport and British Museum & British Library. A good Full or Lite breakfast. Staff are pleasent and helpfull..

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Tony S

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Yearly shopping trip with friend. Stayed at Carwright Gardens before as its an excellent location. This hotel although basic was much better. Arrived 30 mins early and was offered coffee whilst we waited for room to be finished. Room 26 was a good size and much bigger than other hotels we have stayed at in London although it was at the back. Friendly staff and a decent breakfast with good choice of cereal. My boiled eggs were perfect although I would have preferred fresh not tinned mushrooms. We were there whilst there was heavy snow so freezing outside, however room was lovely and warm. Good pub on corner which drinks a fraction of price of those in Covent Garden and Soho. Also good Italian but we know this from previous trip and we didn't go this time as had made alternative plans. Definitely stay here again

Room Tip: I believe rooms at the back on this street are bigger
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Helmie v
Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

The room is really clean and the bed is comfortable. Stuff here are friendly, too. We enjoyed the British breakfast as it's made per order with several selections of eggs. The only things we could criticized is the WIFI connection at the basement is too slow.

2  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I stayed here 12th dec to 15th. Such a convenient location, you can get anywhere of interest by underground,Russell square station five mins walk. My single room was small but very clean and well equiped. I was a bit nervous about having to share a bathroom but the facilities were spotless, it was as if no one else was using them. Breakfast very nice, good choice and plenty of everything. Service was efficient and friendly. Internet was available and I was able to check in for the airport online and print my boarding pass free of charge. No problem leaving luggage after check-out until the afternoon. I would highy recommend this hotel for people whose main focus is getting out and about and enjoying London and who want a hotel that's clean, convenient and you a breakfast that sets you up for a day's sightseeing,please don't be discouraged by the recent vindictive review here, judge the place on the majority of the reviews which are positive, that's how I picked it and i was glad i did. this was my third trip to london in recent years and this hotel was by far the best i've stayed in.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank emilybronteDublin
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Good location, a block from San Pancras Eurostar station. The staff is helful and friendly, I can leave my luggage at 8AM and come back to check in late. The room is clean, good hot water and working air conditioner. We have nice view at the Tennis court in front of the hotelWe have enough towels for 3 nights and they clean the room every day. The breakfast is good. You can have lunch or dinner at the Russel square with short walking distance. You can also walk to the British museum, a must to see in one day. If you buy Hoop in original sightseeing bus (48 hrs), you can get in this bus, line3 in front of Royal hotel nearby. I you want to take the tube, the King cross is just one block in front of the San Pancras train station.
I defenitely come back if I visit London.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bien5529
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My kids and stayed for one night. Although we checked in in the afternoon, it was not until after midnight that we returned to our room and attempted to use the TV and Internet. TV reception was terrible (ended up just going to sleep) and we were unable to log on to the internet. My kids are in their early 20s and we are all computer savvy. It was not an issue of not knowing how to login.

The reception desk closes at 11pm and there are no clear instructions as to what to do after hours if you have a problem. Without internet, I was unable to book a train ticket that night and as a result, when I finally was able to use the hotel's public computer the next day, the ticket had increased by 10 pounds.

Upon checking out, I relayed what happened and that I was merely asking for a 10 pound refund on my room to compensate for the internet problem, although between the TV and Internet issues, I should have asked for more. Long and short, they told me "too bad". They said I should have contacted them to report the problem. When I told them there were no clear instructions as to what to do after hours, they merely shrugged their shoulders, making it very clear that they really couldn't care less.

I am a sales person and customer service is paramount. If the customer is unhappy and you can do something to make them happy that doesn't cost you too much, you do it. You end up with a happy customer. Their shortsightedness in this instance was stunning. Had they given me the 10 pounds, I would have written a glowing review about how they handled the situation. Instead, they are receiving a glowering review.

I said to them, in the age of Trip Advisor, are you really going to handle this this way? Again, I got that wonderful shrug of the shoulders/we couldn't care less. Sadly this was the end of our trip in England and it really ended things on a very sour note. This was something I expressed to them as well. And again, a shrug of the shoulder/we really couldn't care less that our trip was going to end this way due to their poor customer service.

I travel quite a bit both for business and pleasure and I am constantly recommending places. Not only will I NOT recommend the Euro Hotel but if I hear of anyone going to London, I will make sure to advise NOT to stay at this hotel. My recommendation...DON'T STAY HERE. They really couldn't care less about their guests.

I expect that they will reply to this review stating that had I notified them at midnight, they would have corrected the problem. My response...first off, again, when a reception area is not open 24 hours, there should be explicit instructions as to what to do should you need assistance - there are no such instructions in the room, and secondly, regardless, I came to them with a very modest request given my troubles and as they say in the UK, "they just couldn't be bothered".

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank mindymakg
EuroHotelManager, Manager at The Euro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

On checkout this guest threatened that if she did not receive a 10% discount she would post an adverse report on Tripadvisor which she has done.

We do not operate a full time reception desk but details of how to contact the reception staff overnight are posted clearly on the back of each door and in the Guest Information Folder which is in each room. This information was available in this guest's room. The overnight receptionist was contacted twice on the night in question by another guest who read this information and whose requests for assistance were answered immediately.

We have a full time handyman who was able to remedy the problem with the television in a couple of seconds. One of the aerial cables at the back of the TV had become slightly detatched. The handyman helped the guest in the morning when she complained that the hairdryer did not work by showing her the on/off safety switch at the base of the unit.

We cannot explain why this guest could not access the internet. The guests in the adjoining rooms and the staff who have accommodation nearby had absolutely no problem. Although this reviewer states that her children are computer literate they may have failed to enter correctly the access codes given to them on check in.