“Would recommend The Euro Hotel”
Review of The Euro Hotel

The Euro Hotel
Ranked #442 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Our hotel was in a great location! Very close to Kings Cross station, only 10 minutes walk. Less than 10 minutes to Euston and Russell Square stations. Tavistock Square 5 minutes away with buses to Trafalgar Square and Waterloo. Plenty of shops for snacks, drinks and Oyster card top ups within couple minutes walk and few more minutes away some souvenir shops. Also had a Fish Restaurant, Indian Restaurant and Valencia takeaway within few minutes walk or plenty more restaurants and fast food places near Kings Cross and Euston. The hotel itself was very clean and nice and the staff were very friendly. Our breakfast was great, love their sausages. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 May 2013

I stayed here twice within one week. The first time, I had a single bedroom in the "basement." Hauling my large suitcase down the narrow staircase was a challenge. A couple staying across the hall were quite loud, arguing. I was about to complain when they quieted down. Then there was a lot of noise outside my window--it seemed to be there were two separate private apartments within fifteen feet of my window. One lady was singing opera for awhile, and another couple was having quite the conversation. They all finally quieted down. The shower didn't drain properly, and I should have informed the staff, but was leaving very early the next morning. They were very accommodating in storing a suitcase for me while I was away for the weekend in Paris. When I returned, I stayed for two nights. This time, they put me in the single room on the main floor, which again overlooked the two private apartments. However, the people living there were fairly quiet. The room itself and bathroom was very comfortable, though small, which was to be expected. Breakfast was excellent and staff very efficient in getting everyone served quickly. Staff were very attentive and accommodating overall. Location was outstanding, close to Euston, St. Pancras, and King's Cross stations. A laundrette was just around the corner, and many restaurants and a mall close by. Also, it was only a ten-minute walk to the British Museum and a nearby park. I would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: There is no lift, so be aware of hauling luggage up and down narrow stairways.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank WriterLynTampa
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Only stayed one night but this hotel was wonderful. Everywhere was spotless. Don't think I've stopped anywhere so clean.
My friends & I shared the superior quad room. There was plenty of space for all of us.
The staff were very friendly and made you very welcome.
Cooked breakfast was lovely.
Would definitely stay again on our next trip.
Also only a few minutes walk from Euston & St Pancras Stations and the underground.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I have been visiting London for many years and love to stay in the Bloomsbury area as it is walking distance from Euston station, tube stations, restaurants, Covent Garden and the West End.
I usually stay along Southampton Row at much bigger hotels, but struggle to sleep due to the noise of traffic and sirens all night and air conditioning units.
The Euro hotel is a lovely find.
Quick check in with polite staff.
The rooms are basic but adequate, clean and comfortable.
Stayted 1 night and used the room for a total of ten and a half hours ( 23:00 hrs to 09:30 hrs ) so who wants to spend £200 plus for 1 night just to sleep.
Breakfast was O.K., the fruit juice would have been better chilled and a better quality of coffee used.
I shall stay here or in one of the hotels in Cartwright Gardens again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I have stayed at a number of hotels in London. I have to say that this was the best, and good value for money.

The staff make you feel welcome from the start. Check in was seamless.

They made me feel at home - and each time I have a need they met them.

On the first night one of the bulbs blow in my run - they fixed it next day.

They came in and tidied the room each day - it was pleasing they they always kept me topped up with soap etc

My room was a single en suite - the shower was clean - decor looked fresh,. My room looked into the court yard, and apart from a "snorer" above me - it was quiet

the TV worked - (first for a hotel in London !) and was Freeview.

The only downside was that I found the Internet slow and unrepairable one evening - but I am sue this will be fixed.

Breakfast was good - I prefer a light breakfast but the breakfast that others had were full English - and each one is talored to their needs

So 10 out of 10 - keep it up!

I will certainly stay here again.

Plus.. it is a handy five minuite walk from Kings Cross / Euston, and handy for the Bloomsbury part of London.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ma_Wallace44
Reviewed 13 April 2013

A very convenient stay for early Eurostar departures. The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful. Due to the early start our breakfast was rearranged as a tray in the room which was very accommodating. The room was clean and tidy with nice facilities set into an older building. The only downside was that it was very noisy, particularly at night with the traffic outside and other guests in the hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Watkins_travels
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed for a week and the staff was so helpful in everyway. The breakfast was very fresh and the rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. Thank you to the staff for doing a great job! Location is perfect a short walk to the tube or bus tour.
There is a waitrose market down the street and a great coffee shop fork around the corner:))
I highly recommend !!!