“Clean and very conveniently located”
Review of The Euro Hotel

The Euro Hotel
Ranked #419 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Belgium
“Clean and very conveniently located”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at the Euro hotel. We booked after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. We were looking for something close to St Pancras train station but quiet and we were not disappointed. It's by far not a 5 star hotel but it's very clean. Our room faced back and was very quiet. It was actually more spacious than expected and had lots of cabinet space and tea and coffee -making facilities. The bed was spring and for me not the most comfortable but ok for a couple of nights. The sheets and cover were very clean. The bed spread and carpet were a bit tired-looking. The only real problem was that the curtains didn't close properly so light came in from the outside. Not too bad in winter but it would really bother in summer.
The bathroom was a bit cramped but fine.
Breakfast was ok. After a couple of days I would grow tired of the cooked breakfast but it was fine for a couple of days. We had eggs in different ways, bacon, sausage and mushrooms. There is juice, toast with jams and honey. The second day we had tea as it was much better than coffee.
The staff (100% Polish ladies) were helpful and nice.
We would definitely go back. This hotel is good value for money and its location is so convenient, only minutes from St Pancras, Russel Square, the British museum and the Brunswick shopping centre where there is a Waitrose supermarket aswell. There are lots of nice restaurants and cafes nearby and it's quiet. Recommended!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank gachingura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Turkish first
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality and value for money offered by this hotel.

The week before I had stayed at a hotel which was not located in any better or more convenient district and which purported to be of the same standard. It was not as good in any respects - the room was not as good, the breakfast a lot worse, the common areas inadequate and tired and the service was not nearly as good - and it also cost more or less exactly twice as much! To take the breakfast only: it was served in a very comfortable room, there was a wide choice of food (including a full cooked breakfast for those who wanted it) and the service was very efficient and courteous.

The hotel does not have AC which may not suit some but makes no difference most of the time. In any case, in comparable hotels the AC often does not work very well. By contrast this hotel had quite high ceilings and as the surrounding streets were very quite it was a simple matter of opening the window.

In short, so far as I am concerned, I have stumbled upon a very conveniently located, pleasant and well-priced hotel and I shall certainly be using it whenever I can on my (fairlyregular) business trips to London.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dominic O
EuroHotelManager, Manager at The Euro Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you so very much for your review. We do try to make the hotel a good place to stay and your comments are much appreciated.
West Yorkshire
Reviewed 25 October 2013

It's nice to find a place as good as this for a short trip. The en-suite room was perfectly adequate and clean, the shower was a proper one not a curtain in a wet room. TV and wifi provided. Breakfast was just right for me. Staff very friendly and helpful. It's so close to Kings Cross yet the road was very quiet. They even kept my bag safe after checkout while I was in the city.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank vac888
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights from September 12, 2013. This is a very well priced hotel in a very good location. We were in the basement Family room, being a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 small boys). The room size is not massive (typical for London) but not uncomfortable. Hotel is very clean. Breakfast was nice. We always found the staff to be very friendly. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Basement room came with our own ensuite. A good idea if, like us, you are not keen to share a bathro...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel covers all of the bases; located just 5 minutes walk from both Kings Cross/St Pancras and Euston it offers quality service at an enviably affordable price. I was very impressed with the friendly welcome as well as the efficient check-in and room that I was allocated on the second floor was clean and comfortable with a view of the gardens. The shared facilities were all reasonably clean (although situated some distance from my room) and the communal areas were all very well appointed.

WiFi was available in all areas and TVs were on a timer to turn off after midnight in order not to disturb other guests. Breakfast in the morning was freshly cooked and offered plenty of options and the hotel accepts a wide variety of different credit cards, convenient for international guests. For a one night weekend stay this place ticked all of the boxes for me, the only downside was the amount of noise coming from the street throughout the night, mainly due to guests and other residents returning late - I didn't get a great nights sleep but it was a Saturday night in London and since the hotel apparently had no double glazing I frankly wasn't expecting to.

Overall this is an ideal option for anybody looking for a convenient location in England's overrated capital at something resembling an affordable price. Together with a high level of professional service I reckon this option may be a keeper...If I need to stay in London again then I'll consider heading in this direction.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MRonaldSmith
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Yes, we are a small school group, and they flat out refused us no questions asked. I tried to reason with them, but they claimed they'd had problems in the past. I'm not questioning they're previous experiences with school groups, but it does seem rather simple for a hotel to state up front "one screw up and you're out of here".

If a hotel gave me an ultimatum like that, and I was responsible for a group of potentially raucous students, I would probably choose somewhere else. However, after having lead several small student groups of handpicked kids successfully throughout Europe, I know how to handle a group.

What prompted this review was the rather cheeky response from the hotel manager about how she was sure my kids were "little angels", but other kids were not. No, my kids aren't little angels, but as a chaperone I know how to do my job well, and it's unfortunate that others do not.

But the email conversation with this particular hotel just left a bad taste in my mouth. Interestingly we had just stayed the previous year at a much nicer and much more expensive hotel than this one and guess what...we had NO problems, NO complaints and several compliments from the hotel on the behavior of our students.

If you don't want school groups why don't you just clearly state that on your website.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
9 Thank tmynatt
EuroHotelManager, Manager at The Euro Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
We are sorry that your request for accommodation was rejected but we have to think of our other guests and we had a bad experience in the past with school age children - also under the supervision of senior teaching staff. This group trashed a room and gave fellow guests a sleepless night. We were not in a position to judge in advance that your students would be so well chaperoned by you that they would cause no inconvenience to other guests.
New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The location is good, handy for Kings Cross station and very quiet. There are plenty of eateries in easy walking distance. We only stayed one night and left early so cannot comment on the breakfast. Staff were polite. The décor is tired and basic, with very small rooms but a pleasant outlook from tall French windows. There is no lift and no-one to help with lugging bags upstairs. The whole street seems to be small hotels. I did expect more for the price but London is expensive.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem ask for a room on the ground floor as there is no lift.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple