“Stay at Euro hotel - family room Feb 2014”
Review of The Euro Hotel

The Euro Hotel
Ranked #419 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Stay at Euro hotel - family room Feb 2014”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The hotel is in a perfect location, easy walking distance from Euston station and Russell Square Underground (piccadilly line)
Breakfast, room, facilities all excellent - nothing too fancy or fussy - we only wanted somewhere to sleep and have good breakfast and this hotel was ideal. Breakfast cooked to order, plenty of cereals, coffee etc
Thoroughly enjoyed our first trip to London, found our way around easily on tube.
Would stay here again and recommend to friends and family.
Family room was suitable size for us with 21 year old and 7 year old, plenty of room and comfortable.

Room Tip: stayed in family room (basement) at front of building. No disturbances, generally quiet and warm.
1 Thank 65JJP15

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Turkish first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

It was lovely to stay in a very friendly, cosy hotel which was situated in a nice quiet street who's building had traditional character. We stayed here in the superior family room which was very clean, warm, comfortable beds, plenty of space and fresh clean towels and en suite facilities. Lovely dining room which served breakfast to order. It is within walking distance of Euston, St Pancreas and Kings Cross stations. Round the corner from the hotel are lovely restaurants and bars, close to Russell Square. Can't complain about anything at this hotel. It had everything we needed for our stay and would definitely return and recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are en suite, so check beforehand. There are no lifts in this hotel so if you have a p...
1 Thank Susan R
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

A friendly hotel with great location. easy access via tube (Euston Station).
Clean and comfortable, just what you need for a short trip in London. no need for big name and expensive hotels!
Good full English breakfast cooked to order.
thoroughly enjoyed the stay with my daughters and would stay again.

2 Thank WendyLY2014
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 31 January 2014

When I arrived in the hotel I felt dissapointed. After reading reviews on tripadvisor I knew that there was no lift and the room must be rather modest (though on the hotel's site it looked more decent). Some of the drawbacks were unexpected. It was very cold in the room and the water in the shower was cold too. We asked the stuff and the battery was repaired on the second day. After that it became terribly hot, while the water in the shower remained rather cold and the water pressure was not good.
Anyhow every time we asked the stuff they were ready to do all they could. After staying three days we got used to small inconveniences and I should say I liked this small hotel. I enjoyed staying in an old building though sometimes the staircase seemed too creaky. The breakfast room is very nice with the view on the Cartwright Gardens. The location is unbeatable - two underground stations in 5 minutes walk and plenty of good places to eat (my favourite was the fish restaurant in the Leigh street).
Compared to other budget hotels I previously stayed in London this one is maybe one of the best.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have stayed here several times over the years, and as my second last visit was very dissapointing, but this visit was fantastic again!
The staff is so friendly and helpfull, breakfast is extensive and freshly prepared.
Rooms are cozy, clean and well equipped. Location is convinient to all the tourist attractions and (tube) stations King's X and Russell Square.

I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 5 nights.

3 good things:
-Responsive and nice staff
-Breakfast for b&b (not the same quality everyday though)
-Location

-The heating works only after minght until 5 am.
-poor internet connection in the room
-no Elevator
-one day when i came to my room i found three repair men trying working on somthing in the wall. The table with my staff on it was removed and the door room was wide open. At least i could have been informed about the construction work in my room beforehand. so that i pack my staff in my luggage. I think this is a highly unacceptable and irresponsible attitude towards customers.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
14 Thank kashifer
EuroHotelManager, Manager at The Euro Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Thank you for your review and for your generally positive comments.

You are unhappy that our maintenance team came to the room while you were out to replace its hairdryer which the cleaning staff had identified as being faulty. The replacement necessitated making good the wall behind the dryer. We sent in three maintenance staff so that the replacement and making good could be done very speedily in the hope that you would not be inconvenienced in any way. We sought to do the work while you were out but unfortunately you returned before the work was totally completed.
Midlands, UK
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Whilst I think it was more B&B it wasn't at all a bad B&B

I arrived late on a Sunday and checking in was speedy and I was given a third floor room. No lift meant a maul with my bags up the stairs.

My room was at the rear of the hotel and was two singles. First nights bed was so uncomfortable so I moved to the window bed which was much better.

As breakfast wasn't served until 7:30 I skipped it first day but tried it 2nd day asking for well done bacon resulted in ONE rasher and an egg being served so I skipped breakfast for the rest of my stay.

The best point of this hotel is it's location overlooking a London garden. Lovely. Oh and the views through the windows at the rear were interesting at times.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank SteveBMidlands_UK
EuroHotelManager, Manager at The Euro Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for your review and positive comments.

We do highlight in our website that we are a bed and breakfast hotel and that owing to the historic nature of the Georgian building we have no lift.

We would ask you and any other guest to please ask for extra breakfast items either whenever required. We cater for an average appetite but are more than happy to supply more of anything if requested.