The Euro Hotel
US$302
US$276
Hilton
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$199
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$264
Doubletree
US$242
Rubens Hotel
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$131
Very Good 4/5
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$169
US$475
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
All reviewscartwright gardensno liftrussell squaretennis courtsbritish museumst pancrasquiet crescenteuston stationkings crossquad roomfull english breakfastthird floorsingle roomcooked breakfastbeanstop floorbreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2009

Since I discovered this attractive Georgian crescent just a stone's throw from St Pancras and Kings Cross, I have stayed in three of the hotels situated there. The Euro is the dearest one I have stayed in, but definitely superior to the others as regards the room. As single rooms go, it was reasonably large, and actually had a desk where one could sit and write, which is something that is all too rare. The only disappointments were the breakfast, with flavourless coffee and unpleasant toast, the small size of the 'bath' towel, and the fact that they expected me to pay on arrival, something which seems particularly unnecessary when you have provided your bank card details in advance.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Pantile
Reviewed 16 November 2009

I spent 2 nights here in August and the people working there were very friendly. I had a single room which was more or less a small rectangle but the bed was comfy, there was a sink, a large mirror and a nice telly :-) For 50 pounds a night, you can't complain...that's nothing for London. I would recommend it for people without families. I don't understand these ridiculous comments from N.Americans complaining about lack of lifts. Most of the buildings in London are old so drag your cases upstairs and get your hearts pumping! :-)

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank RRREES
Reviewed 8 November 2009

Very clean, friendly, helpful staff, good breakfast, good location close to Kings Cross and lots of pubs and restaurants, shower - not the most powerful but for the price, all very good

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank charles3471
Reviewed 31 October 2009

The accommodation was well priced, and excellently located at a short walk from the Russell Square underground station. The full English breakfast was a great start to the day, and the staff were friendly.

The only problem we had was with some unpleasant odours occasionally emanating from the drain in our bathroom (other than those we created ourselves). I'm told this is a common problem in London - but I've not stayed elsewhere, so I can't verify this.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank axwalk
Reviewed 30 October 2009

We were a family of 5,mom dad and 3 teenagers. We were in the basement room which had a double bed and on one wall and 2 single beds on the opposite wall and a 3rd put u up bed on the 3rd wall facing the windows. I expected there to be no floor space at all in the room but it wasn't bad at all although the extra bed was quite close to the ensuite door. There was a small tv set with plenty of channels, and tea/coffee kettle etc. There was adequate wardrobe space for a short stay - I don't think it would be enough for 2 weeks but we were only overnighting so it was more than we needed. The ensuite had a bath with overhead shower and was clean and there were 2towels and soap and shampoo provided for each of us.
We were able to leave our luggage with the hotel when we arrived on a red-eye at 9 and also left it the next day till we left London at 6. There was no issue with this at all and it made a huge difference not having to drag bags around with us sightseeing.
The breakfast was fine - as we expected.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of theatreland and is in a nice area. There are plenty of restaurants locally and a shopping centre with a Giraffes (good breakfast) Yo shushi not far away. I used walkit.com to print of details of how to get places and found it useful. Euston station is a couple of minutes walk and so is Russell Square.
All in all I'd recommend this hotel for a short break as it's so convenient, we went to see Hairspray and we were back in the hotel 15 mins after it was over. We also felt safe on the walk back.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family