“Excellence”

Grange Holborn Hotel
Ranked #410 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Stayed in this hotel in February for a business meeting and couldn't wait to come back. Booked in March to stay after the Olympics as I was coming with my husband and 2 small kids. After reading some of the previous comments I was a bit afraid that the service had changed but...The staff at the Grange Holborn Hotel are just great, the Doormen greeting us with a smile, quick and friendly check in and the concierge always assisting us with directions and recommending the nicest places around for a good family meal. Kept our bags as the rooms weren't ready yet so we could walk down to Covent Garden for a bite. When we arrived they had upgraded us to a Suite. Location wise could not ask for better we were able to walk everywhere!!! London eye, Covent garden, the theatre district and Oxford street for some family shopping. The hotel is less than 5 minutes walk to Holborn Underground Station and it took us 1 hour to arrive at Heathrow Airport to fly back home. What a great holiday!!! Would recommend for any occasion for anyone!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
17  Thank Carla M

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in August for a birthday break. I booked the room on lastminute.com and it was a mystery hotel so was a bit worried in case it was one of the hotels that I had stayed in before which wasnt very good. However once confirmed I checked the hotel out and thought mmm seems okay, pictures of the rooms on the website are not overly clear. I emailed prior to arrival as I wanted to arrange a bottle of wine for the room. The response was great lovely email, very friendly and offered a complimentary upgrade if they had one, once I booked my wine i was asked what time i would be arriving and my early arrival was not a problem to them either. On arrival a great greeting the concierge were very helpful and friendly too. Our room was on the 8th floor and was great.. Couldnt fault it, lovely and clean, nice toileteries really was great, the decor may not be bang upto date but was not offensive and was well maintained. Didnt eat in the hotel as found the price of the food a tad on the steep side. The leisure club was great and the pool was a nice touch for a central hotel. All in all i can not fault my stay at all. It was great, great location, great staff and great stay with a good nights sleep. Would recommend and use again for sure.

Room Tip: Maybe reqeust for high floor quiet
17  Thank MPW2873
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed at Grange Holborn last night. I have left a few reviews on here of places i have stayed but never as quickly as leaving this! What a fantastic stay. The hotel went the extra mile with everything... We phoned for a bottle opener to our room... 2 minutes later, our bottle was being opened for us... I asked what the restaurant we had booked was like... 15 minutes later they had given us a full review and alternative options... And on the final day, they looked after our luggage, got us our taxis, and even posted my letter!! A truly exceptional 5* service. The room was also lovely, with a huge comfortable bed, good air con, nice bathroom... Thank you for a fantastic stay we will be back.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 9th floor and you can see across London!
16  Thank bluenoseSouthampton
Reviewed 20 August 2012

this hotel is very close to the legal district and the British Museum. All bus routes and a subway on the doorstep and if you choose to walk as we did to Covent Garden and Chinatown was comfortable, in fact we walked back from Fortum and Mason in Piccadily. There are various choices of rooms and different prices, bed linen and bathroom clean and good 4 star quality, breakfast is included but it is best to check when booking if this is included. There are two computers where you can check on your emails and confirm your flights back hoe. As I have had a knee operation I was grateful for the free use of a Roman style swimming pool and steam room. Our daughter made use of the rec room with all its machines.

Room Tip: If you require a quiet room ask for one not facing Southampton, but do note that all room are double...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank HopeRanch
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I thnk some people on here are a little too harsh on this hotel. Visited with my husband for our wedding anniversary at the weekend and was really worried after reading reviews on here. I agree that it was a little tatty in places but a very busy hotel. The hotel is decorated in a classic style which could be seen as old fashioned but it was just the style. Reception and bar nice, although didn't use the bar. Reception/door staff were imaculately dressed and very freindly/helpfull check in was very quick and they had our room ready early at no extra charge, we were also given late check out at no extra charge. They were just finishing our room when we arrived. It was a large room with a large bathroom spotlessly clean, on the top floor. Large comfy bed and floor to ceiling windows we were on street side and could see over the buildings and see the London Eye which we walked to in about 25mins, covent garden was about 10mins walk, the tube was about 3 mins walk. When we arrived back early evening they had left us cake with happy anniversary written round in sauce a lovely touch. we asked for a bucket of ice and it was brought to our room within five mins. Room was air conditioned (lovely as it was the hottest weekend of the year !!) slightly noisy and there was of course traffice noise (we had window open) but thats what you expect in the middle of a capital city so no compaints there. Like I said at the beg a few things needed to be tarted up a little but for the price in central London we were very pleased and would def stay again. I would book directly though as was a little dissapointed with last minuet.com that we booked through as at the time in was cheaper on there actual website and it would have also included breakfast, last min have failed to call us back also on this matter so our only complaint it with last min.com. As we were only there for a short stay didn't use spa or resturants so no comments on these.

Room Tip: If we use this hotel again would ask for a room on the street side like we did this time.
4  Thank Michelleb1976
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I booked this hotel in TRAVELOCITY.CO.UK. It was billed as a SECRET 5 STAR SPA HOTEL IN COVENT GARDEN. It was ALL FALSE. I can actually say I felt robbed. I usually stayed in 5 star hotels such as the wonderful Sanderson or the St. Martins Lane. Those are 5 star hotels. The Grange Holborn is NOT a 5 star hotel, it is terribly decorated, the worst taste I ever seen in a hotel, the service is so so, staff was kind of friendly but they treat guest as naive tourists not as guests. Food was terrible. Paid 250 Pounds for a 3 star hotel which was billed as a 5 star. Someone has to tell this hotel HOLBORN is located in Bloomsbury NOT Covent Garden. I will NEVER book again this hotel as well NEVER book again with TRAVELOCITY.CO.UK, they lied and that's not acceptable at all. They lied to me about the star rating and the location, that's called FRAUD.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Fantastic location for the price. I stay here regularly whilst on business in the city and the location for covent garden and the west end is great. The hotel rooms are average but the staff are fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business