Grange Holborn Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Thanet Hotel(London)
Great 4.5/5
2,300 results
All reviewscovent gardensauna and steam roomswimming poolbritish museumsouthampton rowwest endleisure facilitieshealth clubtwo double bedsmini barrooftop bargood sizebit datedbooked this hotelcentral locationcontinental breakfastan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The staff of the Front Desk of Grange Holborn Hotel charged me with illegal claim from the adult movie channel at my 12 year old daughter's and my wife's room. When my wife and daughter denied having used these services, they staff implied in front of anyone present at Front Desk area that my wife and daughter was lying. My wife asked for documentation but none was given. To stop this unpleasant situations I agreed to paid the claim. While the staff was in the process authorizing my visa card my wife was feeling very angry and left the hotel and the staff now insisted on showing me the documentation showing me wrong. The document said that my wife and daughter had used the adult movie channel on December 27 at 21. I told the staff that my wife and daughter was with my son and me in the Aldwych Theatre watching Stephen Ward from 19.30 to 22 and that we have not been at the hotel from about 17.30 to 23 and I that I was able to prove my statement with documentation. Given this fact no apology was given from the staff -- no, no this matter had to go into futher investigation and once again I was embarrassed by the staff demanding to give up personal contact information. Some hours later a staff member called me to tell me that they had found out they had made a mistake "causes by a system error".

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank sten b
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Again we stayed at The Grange Hotel and had a fantastuc stay. The hotel is well situated for most of the major attractions in the West End. A short walk takes you to Oxford Street and Regent Steet. A further walk takes you to Bond Street. Most of the theatres are within easy walking distance.
Staff at the hotel were as always really helpful. The rooms were very comfortable and well proportioned. The food in the Constellations Restaurant was excellent and the snacks in the lounge bar were also good value for money. Would certainly stay again.

4  Thank Ronnie R
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Chose the Grange Holborn for its Holborn location yet close to St Pancras station and Covent Garden. From Heathrow it was an easy (although slow - 50 minutes) direct tube journey to Holborn station which is just one block from the hotel.

I arrived at 10am after an overnight flight and the reception staff worked hard to get me a room quickly. I only had to wait about half an hour. The room on the top floor was a good size (for London), bright and with a pleasant view. The furnishings were a little dated but there was good, free wifi.

From the hotel there are loads of local shops, supermarkets, pubs, coffee shops and restaurants within a 5 minute walk. St Pancras/King's Cross stations are 15 minutes walk away as is the centre of Covent Garden. The British Museum is no more than 10 minutes walk. A few convenient location to stay in London.

Tried out the hotel swimming pool in the basement and it was a good size, clean and well looked after. I didn't try the hotel bars or restaurants as there were so many other options close by - perhaps why they always looked to be very quiet.

It is not a super luxury hotel but it is a comfortable place to stay in a very convenient location. I will certainly consider staying again next time I am in London.

Room Tip: high floors have good views
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel fantastic. ..Staff very nice..
1 problem was I could not sleep due to noise of traffic below...
We were upgraded on arrival as mentioned we were visiting as it was my 40th birthday...Fantastic front line staff.... Fantastic hotel but shame very noisy due to traffic...

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank richard t
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I was recommended to this hotel by a law firm who use it regularly! May be ok for that but for someone who only has a very precious 24 hours in London with family it was a very poor experience!
Checked into two rooms after 3pm, left kids (both 16) to go swimming while went out, back at 6pm only to be told spa staff didn't believe they were 16 so then they tried to go back to their room but cards didn't work on door and couldn't get new cards cos I was needed for security. So they couldn't use their room until 6pm!
A complaint was made and a bottle of wine was sent to the room as apology, it was sent to room with 2 16 year olds in who a few hours earlier hadn't been able to use pool!!!
Unfortunately the wine apology was wasted when we got back to room after dinner out only to find keys didn't work yet again.
Down the lift, new keys again which worked.
We came back from dinner so we could go for a drink in the SkyBar overlooking the lights of London (as advertised in lift for New Year's Eve and which dumbly we assumed would be open) it was closed!!
New keys were left on table overnight but when I returned from early morning stroll, surprise surprise they didn't work again so back down to reception and again new ones!
I feel I got to know the lifts intimately!
Catalogue of disaster which completely spoilt the time we had but which could easily be solved and if hadn't happened this report would be so much different!
Only leaves me to have a go at firm who recommended it!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family