Grange Holborn Hotel
  • Room Service
US$269
US$200
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
2,301 results
All reviewscovent gardensauna and steam roomswimming poolbritish museumsouthampton rowwest endleisure facilitieshealth clubtwo double bedsmini barrooftop bargood sizebit datedbooked this hotelcentral locationcontinental breakfastan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The staff is always friendly And attentive. Accommodating all our requests (rooms on the same floor, luggage to be sent to the room). Reception always smiling and helpful.huge knowledge ( can say which bus goes where from the memory!!) Concierge- amazing people wit Love the spa facility is in the hotel with swimming pool ( great for kids). Close to british museum and oxford street. I will deffinatly return! and whats most important- very good price for good clean place to sleep!

Room Tip: higher floor rooms have amazing views!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
17  Thank Diana M
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Holborn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our staff so friendly. We look forwrad to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

There's nothing really wrong with this hotel and the location is excellent, just 2 mins walk from Holborn tube, but there's nothing special about it either, despite the high price tag.

Reception is not very big and I had to wait to check in. The hotel had been booked for me by work and I thought the price was steep, even for Central London. I was upgraded though, and was given a suite on the top floor. I prefer fairly modern or classical hotels and this isn't, the furnishings were from the 80s but to be fair it was clean and had a lovely new renovated bathroom plus all the amenities inc. tea and coffee. It also had a nice view. Ironically I had 2 TVs in my room and neither worked, but I was there so briefly it didn't matter, although with hindsight I should have told the staff at check out to save the next guest having to ask for it to be sorted.

I'm not sure id return again, there are more modern up to date establishments available for these rates but I can't really fault my stay if I'm honest so if the price is right, don't be put off.

I didn't use any of the facilities, the pool was having maintenance done and if I'd had breakfast at a cost of £23, the total cost for one night would have been just under £300. Too much in my opinion for what you get here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. The hotel was opened in 1999 and has been renovated since. Perhaps you would prefer one of our newer hotels, the Grange St. Paul's opened in 2009 or Grange Tower Bridge in 2011.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel for the first time because of its location close to specialist hospitals which were literally 2 minutes from the back door. It provided everything we wanted. Asked for a quiet room and got a quiet room of ample size with an adequate bathroom. The only improvement could have been having the excellent shower installed as a wet room rather than over a bath.
The service from all of the staff at every stage was first class. They were knowledgeable, helpful and supportive.
Breakfast was first class.
The decor could be seen by some as dated but we took it as a historic interesting feature.
We will stay there again with out the need to visit a hospital.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back if you don't want street noise. There is no view but it is quiet.
4  Thank td2traveller
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Holborn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you liked the hotel and its facilities and found the location convenient. I wish you a full and speedy recovery and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Grange Holborn in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed for one night and found the rooms to be comfortable, clean, hotel staff happy and friendly to help.
The location is great for shopping and going to the theatre as we did.
I booked the hotel through Last minute secret hotel deals so didn't know what hotel we were going to get but was impressed and would recommend.

18  Thank chris H
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Holborn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Grange Holborn Hotel and found the hotel clean, the staff friendly and in a good location. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Booked hotel for a wedding in London. We only live 1/2 from London by train and thought it would be good to have a weekend in the city. I always choose hotels very carefully and do loads of research into the best places to stay. We have stayed in the Grange Tower Hill which was a lovely hotel - all you would expect from a 5* hotel so thought the Grange Holborn would be of the same standard. Frankly I should have just come on the train for the wedding and gone straight home. The hotel is not a 5* establishment. It is tired and jaded and pokey. I had asked for a quiet room. We were given a room on the 9th floor. At 11.45pm I rang reception to complain about the noise. All you could hear were the lifts going up and down and people walking and banging about in the 9th floor bar. I was told the bar would soon be shutting and that we could change rooms next day. The 9th floor room bathroom was tiny and the lighting dreadful. The alternative room was not much better and the bed was like the rocky road to Rio. All in all a huge, expensive disappointment. Another gripe with all these London hotels is that they want to charge an extra £20 per person for breakfast...nip over the road to the local Sainsburys and buy fresh pastries, juice and fruit for a fraction of the cost. The only positive about this hotel was the swimming pool, sauna and steam rooom - very relaxing. The reception staff were apologetic about the room problems and we did change rooms, but frankly they must be aware how noisy the bar and lifts are and I felt more could be said and done. When I went to sort out room changing the deputy manager was at reception - he could have come and spoken to me. When I stay in a hotel I want a bit of luxury or I might as well stay at home - after all they charge enough. I am deeply disappointed in the Grange Holborn and would think twice about staying in this group of hotels. One very unhappy traveller.

1  Thank Fiona R
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Holborn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

So sorry your expectations were not fully satisfied on this occasion, although I am pleased you enjoyed the spa. I hope that you will come back to one of our hotels in the future and that you will enjoy your stay.