Grange Holborn Hotel
US$215
US$188
galahotels.com
2,314 results
All reviewscovent gardensauna and steam roomswimming poolbritish museumsouthampton rowwest endleisure facilitieshealth clubtwo double bedsmini barrooftop bargood sizebit datedbooked this hotelcentral locationcontinental breakfastan upgrade
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in double room. Front of house staff were polite and friendly at all times. The hotel is well staffed. The room was quite old style but comfortable. On 3rd floor and traffic noise was a problem. Fire alarm went off one morning at 6 am for approx. 30 seconds but no explanation as to why. Air con was much needed and worked well. Bathroom tiny and really only suitable for showering. Toiletries were fairly nice and plentiful. Disappointed that there was no complimentary water in rooms as per most high end hotels and only expensive small bottles in the fridge. Used local Sainsburys opposite Holborn station instead. Had coffee in the lobby each day. On two occasions it was unfortunately like drinking treacle as if it had been standing for many hours - rather unpleasant. Breakfast items from the bar menu were fresh and nice. There are more competitively priced modern hotels with breakfast included nearby. Whilst it wasn't a bad stay by any means, I would try somewhere else before returning.

Room Tip: Perhaps try and get highest level room at back of hotel for more restful sleep
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Holborn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

I am pleased you had a pleasant stay and we hope that you will decide to stay with us again in the future. Your comments have been noted.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I actually attended a course here, rather than stayed, but got a chance to sample the hotel's "hospitality".

The reception staff were disinterested - not a great start.

Tea & coffee was repeatedly provided without teaspoons - doh!

Lunch was the big disaster. I'd pre-booked a vegan meal. What I got might have fed a rabbit, but certainly wasn't fit for a human. I was handed a plate of cling film wrapped lettuce (no dressing) with a couple tomatoes and a bit of cucumber. That was it. It was even more dull than it sounds.

So, I spent the rest of the afternoon, on my expensive course, starving hungry and with a throbbing headache from lack of food. Good job Grange Hotel! How hard would it have been to do some pasta and tomato sauce, or rice?

I won't go back there in a hurry, and I certainly won't use it for any of my corporate events.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank AmBrad007
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Holborn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

I am both surprised and disappointed in your review. I would be grateful if you could contact me to let me know the event you attended in order that I can investigate further.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

good hotel in great position in London. Our stay was just one night to give us an early start on a visit to the palace of Westminster. Hotel was clean and staff very accommodating. If you do not have a good head for heights I advise you check your upper floor room (7+) has not got full height glazing, ours did and my wife would not go anywhere near the window. Some of the furniture was a bit tired but ok.
We would use this place again if we needed an overnight stay in the capital.

Room Tip: see my revue.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank david c
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed two nights in a single room. It was OK, but nothing amazing. Quiet.
The gym is small with the essential machines and I got locked in at 10pm. The pool is nice but I was put off by the staff of the wellness centre.
Overall, this is not going to be my choice next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

I am sorry to learn your expectations were not fully satisfied on this occasion, although you did find the room spacious.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

A nice start, with a room upgrade and the room was lovely. A good size, air con worked very well (and was much needed), great bathroom. Bed was king sized and comfy, nice view from the 8th floor. Breakfast is buffet style and there is quite a good choice, although not as extensive as some other hotels. It's best feature is the rooftop bar. Why oh why do they close it so early! Staff were excellent; friendly and helpful. The location is good for Kings Cross, 5 minutes in a taxi (best if you have cases) or a couple of stops to Holborn on the tube. This area is central London but quiet and peaceful, comparatively speaking. Plenty of interesting things to do and eating places nearby. Would certainly stay here again. May bring a swimsuit for the pool next time.

Room Tip: We had an 8th floor room facing the main road and slept fine as well as having a nice view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kim T

Pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and you liked our Rooftop bar. We do close our public bars at 11pm in order to ensure the comfort of our hotel guests, however we do have 24 hour resident bars available.