“London Premier Kensington”

London Premier Kensington
Ranked #953 of 1,069 Hotels in London
“London Premier Kensington”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I booked this hotel for friends and I on a visit to London in February 2014.

Good location of hotel and very central. Room was clean and comfortable.

Service was good as I left a shirt in the room and they held it for me until my next visit to London in March.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
ASehgal, Manager at London Premier Kensington, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your stay at London Premier Kensington, we are very much excited to read your excellent comments.

I have shared your valuable and excellent comments with my great team who along with myself hope to welcome you in the near future.

I am delighted that you would return to London Premier Kensington and would personally like to welcome you and your family back when you visit London.

Warm Regards,

Naveen Cheruku & All the team from London Premier Kensington.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Turkish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We have just got back from a one night stay at this hotel. The hotel was easy to find and in a good location.
We were taken up to our room on the 3 rd floor but it was looking on to a tube track. We quickly realised that it was very loud and we would not be able to sleep for the noise so we rang down to reception ( had to connect the phone as the wire was out) and asked to change rooms. They we're very helpful and changes us to a street viewing room straight away. The rooms are very small, and hot! When you open the bathroom door, you end up banging in to the bed. My husband also banged his elbow on the bed side table as the room is tiny. The shower was not working properly, water flow very poor and leaking. The room itself was ok. No way near plush but I didn't expect to pay £100 for a room like that. In the morning after waking up a few times roasting hot, a workman from the hotel walked in to our room without knocking but luckily we were dressed and ready to leave the hotel. The staff are very helpful and friendly but the hotel is not what we expected. I would rate it no more than 2 star.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
ASehgal, Manager at London Premier Kensington, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback and it has been taken on to the higher authority.

We will look into the points raised in the review and will give them a serious consideration.

Please, accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused during your stay. I can assure you that all points have been shared with respective departments.

Please feel free to contact us at fom.townhouse@theshaftesbury.com and once again please accept my sincere apologies.

Kind Regards,
Naveen Cheruku
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My wife and I booked this hotel through Bookit.com, despite reading many poor reviews. It had a price that fit our budget, so we booked it anyway hoping for the best. Because of the reviews about the noise from the Underground, we were worried when, upon arrival, we were given a below ground level room. Much to our pleasant surprise, we did not mind the noise at all. From our room, it was a distant rumble much like thunder that we actually found to be quite soothing when falling asleep. As mentioned in other reviews, the room was small, but had recently been redone and was furnished nicely. The front desk did tell us that our room was "huge", so I'm not sure what the size of a regular room is because this one was definitely small. The bathroom was very cramped, but again it was modern and clean. The location really was great and only took about 2 minutes to walk to the Earl's Court Underground station. Three lines run through this station, so we were able to get anywhere we needed to go very easily. There's a T.V. in the room, but it only picked up five channels, and the hotel does have Wifi, but the signal was so weak in our room that we were not able to use it. While the London Premier Kensingston surpassed our expectations that had been set by other reviews, it is still what we would consider an average hotel. We had a nice stay, but the redeeming factor is definitely the location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ASehgal, Manager at London Premier Kensington, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your stay at London Premier Kensington, we are very much excited to read your valuable comments.

Warm Regards,

Naveen Cheruku & All the team from London Premier Kensington.