“Affordable, good location but...”

London Premier Kensington
Ranked #953 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very good location, and great price, couple minutes walk to earls court tube station, room was small but well furnished and current. Staff are friendly, and well presented.
Issues, the corridor doors are heavy fire doors and are noisy and constantly bang shut from 700 in morning, no chance of a lay in!!
And the room have an annoying green led light in the ceiling, which is so bright it illumated the whole room, when you turn off the TV and lights. it's for the smoke detector. If the light was red I believe people from the outside would tap on the window looking for extras!!!
But this is where a plaster and the bottle cap from the complimentary shower gel comes in handy, you can cover the light. Not perfect but at least you can sleep until 7 in the morning!!!!!
The breakfast is buffet style and very nice, plenty of choice. Check in was easy, so was check out, beware if you hope to check in early I had to wait til 2pm on the dot to get my room key.
I would stay again but I would call and ask for a room not near the corridor doors, before I paid.

Room Tip: Not near the corridor doors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ASehgal, Manager at London Premier Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable and good comments about the staff, and suggestions in regards to the noisy fire doors. We value your feedback and it has been taken on to the higher authority.

We will look into the points raised in the review and will give them a serious consideration.

Please, accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused during your stay. I can assure you that all points have been shared with respective departments.

Please feel free to contact us at fom.townhouse@theshaftesbury.com and once again please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Booked this for a one night stay in london whilst attending YES concert at the Royal Albert Hall. Hotel was easy to find, being a few minutes walk from Earls Court Tube station. Room was small, but as we did not need to use hotel other than sleeping for one night this was acceptable. The en suite shower room was tiny with no room for moving. I could not stretch my arms out in either direction!! They need to take a better approach to maintenance in the shower room - shower doors did not fit, bad cracks in the sink, shower head attachment on the wall was broken, the shelf above the loo was not there as the supports were broken. Breakfast was fine with quick replacement of items as they got consummed.

No wifi other than in reception

Summary - fine if you do not need hotel facilities, very small room, even smaller en-suite, greater attention to maintenance required.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank martingduke
ASehgal, Manager at London Premier Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback and it has been taken on to the higher authority.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel was nice and clean, nice sized rooms and good price! Exactly what was needed. Was at a conference at the Royal Albert Hall, which was a good distance away from the hotel - perhaps a 20 minute walk. They hotel staff posted my keys on to me after I left them there, which was much appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Jack H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your stay at London Premier Kensington, we are very much excited to read your excellent comments.

I have shared your valuable and excellent comments with my great team who along with myself hope to welcome you in the near future.

I am delighted that you would return to London Premier Kensington and would personally like to welcome you and your family back when you visit London.please contact us on fom.townhouse@the shaftesbury.com.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Finding an affordable hotel with comfortable rooms and good location in London is practically impossible. Well, this hotel is an exception.
Located in a 2m walking distance from Earl's Court metro station, the hotel has everything you need to sleep comfortably and take a shower in a modern and elegant toilet.
Be aware: I have never seen such small rooms in my life, but again, this is London.
If you are visiting or doing business, so you don't plan to stay at the hotel, this is an excellent choice.
Btw, I have been here several times during the last year and service is improving with the time. Looks like they are making the effort.

Room Tip: Take a room facing the street. Otherwise you will have to deal with the train noise and won't be...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank IamfromBarcelona
ASehgal, Manager at London Premier Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here as my 12 year old daughter had been invited to a charity concert at the Royal Albert Hall.
It was an ideal location for the Natural History, Science and Victoria and Albert Museum as well as the Royal Albert Hall. The room was small, but we didn't need a lot of space we were just sleeping there.
Upon arrival the manager was very attentive and friendly and we were able to check in 2 hours before check-in time.
Breakfast was fresh and there was plenty of choice.
I would stay there again if I was in the location and would recommend to a friend.
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your stay at London Premier Kensington, we are very much excited to read your valuable comments.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I recently stayed in the hotel. The company I work for had reserved and paid for the hotel. On arrival the staff asked for the card to pay with. At no point on any documentation on the reservation did it ask for payment when we checked in. I would also say that payment prior to staying in the hotel is a little strange......buy before you try??? Staff weren't overly helpful stating that it was company policy and that we would need to pay for at least the first night and that they would then contact the company for further payments.

Once we were over that hurdle we were informed that we were on the 4th floor and ushered to the lift........that only went up to the 3rd floor.

The room seemed clean enough and it being late I figured it would be fine.

I'm an average 6' bloke, and most blokes in London seem to be taller than me on average, this became a problem when I eventually went to bed on the first night. As much as the bed suited the small room, my feet hanging off the end all night wasn't exactly comfortable.

Breakfast in the morning was quite nice. Sufficient quantity of fruit and juice along with the usual full breakfast. I did need to ask a few times for a knife but at least the scrambled egg was good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business