“Never again!”

Ranked #400 of 1,069 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Never again!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Luckily I was only staying for three nights. Arrived to find that I my room was over on the other side of their car park down an alleyway and then up the most narrowest flight of stairs possible.
I had booked a double room but seriously if there had of been two of us staying in it then one person would be sleeping up against the wall as there was only room around one side of the bed.. You wouldn't of been able to get a cat into the room let alone swing it!! Also just did not feel safe due to the fact that the rooms are located in different 'houses' just the thought now gives me the shivers

Breakfast well - everyone was moaning about the quality of the breakfast after almost choking on the coffee I decided to get breakfast elsewhere..

8 Thank Fiona G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Finnish first
Yorkshire
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed here for six nights, working in London. The location was convenient, but it is VERY overpriced. Arrived as a female alone, and was not happy to be taken down an alley to another building in the dark, and was about to be shown into a basement / cellar. When I protested I was told that if I had not wanted to stay underground I should have said so when I booked ! evidently there were no rooms in the main building. They did find me a room in the same annex which was okay. Although I did not feel safe and lay awake wondering how I would get out if there was a fire at the bottom of the one very narrow staircase. However, it served the purpose of me having to work in London for a week. Breakfast was not good. For some reason it is a vegetarian breakfast and comprises of cereal, tinned peaches or tinned pineapple in syrup, not very good coffee out of a vending machine, eggs, baked beans, tomato, and cheap sliced bread to make your own toast. After a whole week I longed for some fresh fruit and bacon. This was not worth £100 a night. The room was far too hot until I turned off the heated towel rail, and why can you never get a plug to keep the water in the wash basin ? And why was the water only Hot or Scalding Hot ? The only time I got cold water was when the person in the room above had a shower. It served its purpose.

Room Tip: Tell them you don't want to have a room in a basement.
Paris
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is a rather tired hotel with ageing carpets and furniture, intermittent but free broadband and, if you are unlucky enough to be in the annexe, time to get drenched going for breakfast - which itself is a disappointment - not cooked fresh, no fresh fruit, full English but not a rasher of bacon in sight, machine coffee. Decent location and well placed for restaurants etc. but not a palace by any means.

Room Tip: Refuse the annexe and avoid the main road
1 Thank Malcolm C
Broadstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The place reminded my of my 1970s state primary school. The service was dreadful and slow. Our "suite" looked like my old granddad's house 30 years ago! We didn't stay for the complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: Go to Morans Hotel instead.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
12 Thank lynchhill
Chiswick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The hotel usually has a 2 night minimum policy, however was able to book room for 1 night. I will definitely use again if able to booked for 1 night. Lovely hotel and ideal location in Chiswick, staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Yorkshire
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had to stay at this awful hotel, the whole hotel needs to be totally refurbished. The Bedroom was like a scene from a grannies bedroom from the 50's, small and cramped, the electric sockets wouldn't work, the bathroom, dangerous slippy tiles, I'm light footed and skidded!!!!!
The room device, arrived late and exhausted, my friend and I ordered room service, it arrived in something like a large jam jar, the most bizarre meal ever, I ordered monkfish curry, I got a jam jar full of kidney beans, no rice, tiny piece of fish, my colleague ordered chicken with black rice and chorizo, she got a jam jar of white rice, no sign of chorizo and a tiny piece of chicken, all with an extortionate bill of £55.00.
I feel sorry for tourists who stay in shabby hotels in UK, we really do not put up with these standards.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business