Best Western Chiswick Palace & Suites
US$259
US$225
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsturnham greenstamford brookmain buildingkew gardensdistrict linehigh streetair consingle roomstayed here for one nightrestaurants and pubstube stationbeansthe ground floorcentral londonfamily roomeasy accessconvenient location
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Just enjoyed 2 nights at this property. Had a lovely spacious King room with renovated bathroom. Clean, sunny and pleasant. The staff are super helpful and friendly. The location is superb. A short walk from Turnham Green tube station. It is not top or luxury accommodation but very decent value and convenient if business brings you to Chiswick. It loses a star due to lack of lifts and some rooms are a bit " tired" however it seems renovations are in progress.

Room Tip: Lovely Indian restaurant one block over on the same side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Just got back from the Best Western. After reading mixed reviews I was a bit sceptical about staying, but I wasn't disappointed. We stayed in a triple bed bedroom which was clean and tidy and self contained, ie hob, fridge, microwave and sink. The staff were very friendly and the location on Chiswick high street was ideal for eateries, express supermarkets and bus routes. We parked the car up (in the hotels car park) bought an oyster bus pass, which I strongly recommend as it gets you use of all buses and underground for a full day. Some people are never going to be satisfied with where they stay, but I am not easily pleased and I found our stay at this hotel very enjoyable. Some rooms are detached from the hotel, so what you might have to walk for a second but it's nothing worth worrying about! When I booked the Best Western, I wanted somewhere straight off the motorway where I could park the car up(which is a bonus) and then use London transport. The only thing is, is that the rooms are very warm, but if you ask at reception to turn it down, they will do no problem. Don't forget if we don't tell hotels about problems but just moan to ourselves, nothing gets solved! I will be going back here in the near future.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I visited the area for business purposes. It was close to the venue where I needed to be as well as the underground station, which was nice.

Checking in went smoothly. Had to carry my heavy suitcase up on a narrow staircase. I had booked a single room, which turned out to be tiny.

The whole hotel looked very, very tired. The furniture, the carpet,.... not very appealing. The bathroom seemed to be refurbished. Be very careful though, the tiles are extremely slippery!!

The room was rather cold, I cranked up the heating but it didn't heat up very quickly. Later during the evening, it seemed like it started working... loud gargling noises emerged and persisted, so I turned it off again.

The whole hotel was very noisy: street noise, rattling windows because of the wind, not to mention other guests slamming their doors which drove me crazy.

Breakfast... I had coffee, eggs, sausages, tomatoes. I survived.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Louisafrombelgium
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I'm just back from a 2 night stay in this hotel. It was my second time to stay there and standards have dropped considerably. We stayed in the annex which is detached from the main hotel. The room was tiny with a sloped roof making it seem even more claustrophobic. The windows howled with the slight breeze outside. Breakfast was very poor. I recommend the toast and yogurt as the cooked goods are not appealing. At reception I had no problems but I didn't find them particularly helpful. Renovations are taking place but as the hotel are still open they should try to maintain some standard. On my way to reception to check out I passed 3 black bin bags and some loose bedlinen on the paths. Surely the staff can clean as they go? I will be back in chiswick, but I won't be back here.

• Stayed: February 2014
8  Thank Gaagirl
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My partner and I stayed here for one night whilst visiting West London for a friend's birthday. We have stayed in Best Western Hotels before and they are usually of a decent standard and a reliable and affordable place to stay. The same is not true of this hotel. Starting with the pros, the location is convenient from the M4 and the free parking facility was good. The hotel is great for bars and restaurants on Chiswick High Road and convenient for getting into the West End. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, that is where the good points for this hotel end. Whilst our room was modern and clean, it was in a separate annexe from the main building which was accessed down a dark alley - not ideal if you are a single guest. Our room was located in the basement of the building which was accessed via a dark and cramped stairwell - not ideal if you are carrying lots of luggage. We didn't have a particulary good sleep as the room was very hot; the bed was tiny; and despite being underground there was still a fair bit of traffic noise.

Breakfast was taken in the main building and the dining room was reminiscent of a hostel and not a hotel that claims to be a "palace". As mentioned in previous reviews, breakfast was absolutely appalling - one of the worst hotel breakfasts I have ever experienced. Coffee was out of a machine served in tiny little cups. The orange juice tasted weak and watered down. The bread for toast was clearly supermarket value and piled up in a basket with some sorry looking croissants stuffed down the side. The sausages were of a very low quality (possibly chicken sausages) and the bacon, whilst looking like bacon, tasted like ham. I dread to think what tourists arriving at this hotel from Heathrow after a long flight must think of English food when they have to eat muck like this. Very poor quality!

The main hotel building is very tired and desperately in need of sprucing up. Admittedly, some building work did appear to be happening on the front of the building, but this meant that the side door had to be used to get into the hotel. Opening the side door to get to reception, one could look right into the pantry where breakfast was being "heated up" by a group of scruffy looking "chefs" who seemed to be stood around talking and not getting on with their jobs - not a sight you wish to see when arriving at a hotel.

Overall, we were very disappointed with this hotel and whilst I do have faith in the Best Western brand, I think the cooperative need to take a careful look at this place as it really isn't conforming to the standard expected, particularly for the price paid.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple