We have stayed at the Windmill twice. Once when our son got married in Clapham and the other time for our grandson's christening. Both times we stayed in a superior double room. The first stay our room was excellent, spacious and well furnished with a reasonable sized bathroom. The second stay the room was not as nice, furnishings a bit tatty and a very small bathroom. This room had double doors which opened onto the garden which, sadly was unkept and no area to sit out.
Service at the hotel was good and the breakfast was fine. Included in the price of the room were morning papers, mineral water and the usual tea, coffee and biscuits.
At £159 a night this was not exceptional value for money but there is a scarcity of hotels in the area and it is in a very convenient spot. We would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windmill is a beautiful 42 bedroom boutique hotel situated right on Clapham Common. All rooms have air-con, mini bar, safe, nespresso coffee machines, full Sky TV package (including movies & sports) hairdryer, iron & ironing board. We are also a historic pub with a lively bar, separate dining areas and a wonderful outside beer garden for those elusive sunny days ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Windmill Clapham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windmill On The Common Hotel London
- Windmill On The Common London