Stayed here last night and was favourably impressed. The reception and corridors looked a bit tired and I was fearing the worst but our room, a superior double, was well appointed and stylishly decorated. The bed was large and comfy and the bathroom, while fairly petite, was modern and spotless. Breakfast, which was included in our room rate, was fair if not outstanding. The price for the room was at the high end of reasonable but fair enough given the quality and location but beware of drinking in the bar which is actually just a pub, albeit rather a good one. £16 for a large and a small glass of fairly OK Pouilly Fume isn't unacceptable but £9 for a pint and a single g&t is verging on insulting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windmill is a beautiful 42 bedroom boutique hotel situated right on Clapham Common. All rooms have air-con, mini bar, safe, nespresso coffee machines, full Sky TV package (including movies & sports) hairdryer, iron & ironing board. We are also a historic pub with a lively bar, separate dining areas and a wonderful outside beer garden for those elusive sunny days ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Windmill Clapham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windmill On The Common Hotel London
- Windmill On The Common London