We stayed for one night at the hotel in May 2014. The entrance from the main road deceives as it's really the entrance to the pub which shares the same building as the hotel.
The rooms have been very tastefully updated and they are quite luxurious. The period charm of the hotel has not been lost with the upgrades and the rest of the hotel and bar all have very nice decorative features.
The hotel sits on the edge of lovely Clapham Common and is a mere 10 minutes walk from the nearest tube station. There is some space for parking if you're arriving by car.
The staff are all friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed a very nice breakfast with plenty of choice. We didn't have an evening meal here due to other commitments but would liked to have done. The menu looked quite inviting and hopefully w would sample this next time we stay.
We found the bar lively and characterful and felt quite inviting.
It really is a very nice building and a pleasant stay all round.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windmill is a beautiful 42 bedroom boutique hotel situated right on Clapham Common. All rooms have air-con, mini bar, safe, nespresso coffee machines, full Sky TV package (including movies & sports) hairdryer, iron & ironing board. We are also a historic pub with a lively bar, separate dining areas and a wonderful outside beer garden for those elusive sunny days ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Windmill Clapham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windmill On The Common Hotel London
- Windmill On The Common London