Stayed two nights for the Wimbledon finals - room was very well decorated and furnished and with the added bonus of a Nespresso coffee maker . Very comfortable bed that in my opinion compared well with the beds in the Marriott hotels .
Restaurant was OK - first night Saturday - loud musak pervaded the eating area and it was quite hard to hear a conversation . A glass of Sauvignon Blanc for £6.25 was a bit of a rip off . All the wines were unnecessarily expensive and the food over elaborate for what is basically a hotel within a pub . Second night - Sunday - was better as the restaurant moved to another area near the front of the hotel and there was no musak . Service on both occasions was very good . Breakfast on both days was really excellent .
The reason why we have rated it only 4 stars is because there was a cockroach in the bedroom which was removed by the reception staff - ground floor rooms leading onto the rear of the hotel need to be avoided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windmill is a beautiful 42 bedroom boutique hotel situated right on Clapham Common. All rooms have air-con, mini bar, safe, nespresso coffee machines, full Sky TV package (including movies & sports) hairdryer, iron & ironing board. We are also a historic pub with a lively bar, separate dining areas and a wonderful outside beer garden for those elusive sunny days ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Windmill Clapham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windmill On The Common Hotel London
- Windmill On The Common London