Travelling on business but combining seeing friends is sometimes tricky, as many hotels in residential areas can be questionable. The Windmill on the Common is not - its a great place.
The building itself is a big old brick building, with solid, warmth retaining and sound preventing walls. The rooms (I stayed in a superior) are modern and well appointed, tastefully decorated and impeccably clean and tidy. Bathrooms have slate style floors and mine was spotless - even the corners of the bath were free from tell tale little black mold marks, something rare to see in British hotels.
The breakfast was excellent - proper full english, well prepared. The staff were polite, cheerful and helpful throughout. Food in the pub was good - well prepared gastro pub stuff.
The location is idle, on the common, a bit away from the road and associated noise. I certainly didn't hear any noise form the pub in the same building (I was midweek). Its great if you want to go for a run in the evening, or any of the other activities on the common (British Miliatry Finess for instance).
Overall, this represent excellent value. For £11o or £140, you're getting a top quality stay, and its only 25 mins on the tube to the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windmill is a beautiful 42 bedroom boutique hotel situated right on Clapham Common. All rooms have air-con, mini bar, safe, nespresso coffee machines, full Sky TV package (including movies & sports) hairdryer, iron & ironing board. We are also a historic pub with a lively bar, separate dining areas and a wonderful outside beer garden for those elusive sunny days ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Windmill Clapham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windmill On The Common Hotel London
- Windmill On The Common London