“You get what you pay for”

St. Christopher's Inn Hostel - London Bridge
Ranked #388 of 908 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Stayed here with my boyfriend and payed very little for 6 nights with a double room. There were no elevators, the toilets didn't flush properly, and the place didn't smell the best. But we had a fairly comfortable stay and loved the area. Close to lots of great restaurants and the metro! Cant complain as we got the room for very cheap (especially in London) and after all it is a hostel! Don't go in expecting much and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed 12 June 2012

This hostel is perfect for a base to explore London! It's situatedjust down the road from London Bridge station which links you to the rest of the city, and also close to attractions such as tower bridge and the london dungeons.

We were in a twin-private room, which were bunk beds, but for the price of the room there was no need to complain about and we are young so we didn't really care about climbing up to the top bunk. The room was small, but perfect for our needs which was really just a place to sleep whilst we explored London. The toilets are shared, and this was no problem really, unless you really needed to use the bathroom and someone else was in it.

The staff were very friendly and helpful in both the bar, and the reception which is situated up the road from this hostel. We particularly liked the bar which wasn't too dear and had loads of different types of beer you could try, i enjoyed the mango flavoured one. Breakfast was also included in the price which, although basic, you could not complain about.

We had a great stay in this hostel and for what you get for your money it is a perfect place to use as a base to go and explore London. Only slight negative is yes, at night there can be a bit of noise from the pub, but usually we were so tired from our days out we slept right through it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren R
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I got a private room as it was a lot cheaper than most hotels in London. It was close to the Tube station and walking distance to the London Bridge.
There is no elevator, which was a bit difficult with the heavy luggage we had. The room was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I never write any message on internet about the places that I visited. But I realy want to give my feeling about St Christopher's inn (Borough Hight Street).
I booked a room for 10 people (we were 10, so it was perfect !) I was very suprised when i saw the room, it was better than I expected to an inn ! Clean, warm, we didn't need to make the beds. Everything was allright. The staff is very very nice, friendly and always happy for helping us. The bathroom and the toilets are ok. And the pub downstairs has a good atmosphere (like the rest of the inn !) we can easily start the night here, the drinks are cheap and you can eat a burger not bad at all.
About the breakfast it's free, but you don't have a lot of choice: toasts butter/jam, cereals, and hot drinks, but it's correct ! You can also order an other breakfast (but not free)
It's the perfect place to have a nice week- end in London, but only if you want to have fun and making parties out. If you're looking for a relaxing place for the week end, I'm not sure you'll appreciate the st Christopher's... Plan to buy earplugs for the night because the street is very noisy!
I realy enjoy my week end here if some friends want to come back in London to visit me I wouldn't hesitate to book again a room there !
Thank you to the staff !!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Agathe D
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The staff is lovely... Very helpful to each inquiry. The location of the hostel is great, and is within a walking distance of the most important touristic attractions. Very easy to arrive by night bus. I only did not like 2 things: the security staff at night were very aggressive and the toilets were not working properly.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Diana S
Reviewed 2 February 2012

What a buzzing place! Our first stop on our big UK and Europe adventure and we had a ball here. We met a lot of different people and had a few big nights at Belushis Bar!

The rooms were average, with horrible showers that we're cold and shared between the floors. Breakfast was complimentary but basic tea/coffee, cereal and toast.

The great thing is with St Christopher's is that you get discount at all their chains ... includes the Belushis Bar which meant incredibly cheap drinks.

I had a lot of fun here.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Lidema90
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I absolutely loved this hostel. It was clean, cheap, and in a great location which I believe are the three main things to look for in a hostel. When we arrived the lock on our 14-bed room was broken so they allowed us to store all valuables in lockers for free during our stay. The lock on the door was fixed anyway by the day after we arrived. Some of the staff were friendly and helpful, some where not. This happens. Also we stayed in the main building and it was quite loud in the hostel. I am a heavy sleeper and prefer a cheaper price than quiet room so it didn't really bother me. They have another building a block down that they advertise as the quieter building, but since I did not say there, I couldn't tell you. They also have a free breakfast that consists of toast, cornflakes, tea, and coffee. It is not much but when traveling free food is great. One of the best things is that while staying there you receive 10% off all food and can get the 3.95(in pounds) special. The special changes but is usually a wrap/sandwich with fries. The fries were always perfect and the main dish was good as well. It is a good amount of delicious food for cheaper than any other restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends