London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
1,267 results
All reviewskilburn parkbakerloo linekilburn high roadabbey road studiosthe executive loungehealth clublittle veniceminute walktube stationwembley stadiumtwo double bedsper daywest endmarble archbreakfast was includedlisburnconcierge
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Visited with my spouse in November 2013.

Today I will start with few negatives:

1. Hotel is a bit away from the Tube (and from city center as well) - around 10 minutes of walking. Nothing serious for me, but my spouse has a limited mobility, so after long day (shopping of course) it was a bit of pain to get there. I used my iphone GPS to get there, but it is pretty simple to find.

2. Rooms were a bit dated, but included everything we needed for our one night stay.

3. View was a bit pointless - we stayed in the executive floor (top one) and the only window overlooked some old factories and Islamic Center of England - but it was completely quite - and who cares about the view while staying just one night.

Positives:

1. We booked the night through Mariott Worldwide Premium Awards - the booking via italian site was a bit pain (and took 3 weeks to complete) - but we ended up paying 0 euros plus the breakfast was included for free.

2. Breakfast was a really great and rich - also considering the peak season (autumn Saturday night in London) everything was well managed, staff was very positive and smiling and there was no problem with free spots (see my other reviews to see how difficult it can be to have your breakfast in London hotels).

3. Completely quite place - when we arrived it was full drinking UK, US and Australian rugby players, but I did not hear even a someone walking or talking.

4. Really nice staff on reception as well as in restaurants.

5. Plenty of shops opened at 10pm nearby - so we took few snacks and a cold beer from shop.

6. We arrived a bit later and the area seemed to be pretty quite and safe - I liked even more than city center.

I can definitely come back, the place met my expectations.

Room Tip: Executive (top) floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PragueTravelerCZ
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed here for one night after seeing a London show. Lovely rooms, excellent warm friendly and welcoming staff and great food. There is a gym with a swimming pool and sauna next door but there are connecting doors which is a definite bonus. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Due to location the views are not really applicable - we did have a street view which was interesting.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CheeryB50
Reviewed 16 December 2013

A good base for those wanting to be out of London in leafy suburbs. The hotel is connected to lots of bus routes into central London and is about an 8 minute walk from the tube.

Room was basic and a bit in need of tlc - air conditioning button broken, window wouldn't quite close so there was a draft. Rate was good as booked very last minute.

Staff were excellent - from check-in to the bar. I left a mobile adaptor and wash-bag in the room, sent them a SAE and they returned within a week.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights during my business visit, located nearer to Kilburn Park tube station. Breakfast is good and internet access is available in the room both at a cost. One has to pay for bottled water in rooms like other hotels in London. Swimming pool is at a nearby location - Bannatyne's Leisure Club and have to go through private property to enter, but complementary for hotel guests. Lunch at the Restaurant Fratelli was good.
The hotel being of Marriott Category 6 is an excellent choice but pricey for a normal traveler.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Location isn't ideal, but this hotel is a far better option for me than the awful Holiday Inn South Kensington. Friendly staff and a decent breakfast selection. The biggest asset this hotel has is the access to the Bannatyne Gym next door.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business