“Worse than you think !!!!”

London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale
Ranked #410 of 1,067 Hotels in London
kuwait
“Worse than you think !!!!”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Worse than you think
I ask that you read the last speech
I booked this hotel for 18 nights.
And on the first night I asked them to give me a discount on the biggest suite they have, because I want to stay for a period of more than 6 weeks.

After my stay for two nights ago.
I went back to the room and did not find it had cleaned!!
I asked them to interpret it. They said, you put a sign on the door shhhhh!!!
I think there is an invention of the phone can call and make sure that the room is empty.
Please note that I did not put anything.
After that I asked them to give me a free Wi-Fi or discount on laundry because of my long stay.
They refused and the main reason is that the Booking is at a special price!!
I got to change my reservation and an early exit from this bad service hotel .
On New Year's Eve I went back to the room late and also I've found is not clean!!
I found only two pieces of chocolate on the bed!!!
This is proof that they deformities and physical faults room and did not clean up the room!!
We pay money for comfort not for fatigue.
I connect the Marriott customer care and they told me that they will call the hotel and they do not deified
Then I CONTACT them via Twitter and told me that the hotel manager would contact me and solve the problem!!!
Did not call me until one decided to get out of this building, which is called Hotel.
Did not respect the guests who booked a long stay and did not respect my silver Marriott rewards membership .
And no one descends and connects me to explain to me why this happened twice in less than 6 days!!!
It's a shame the lack of respect for Marriott guests this way.
Then I decided to get out of the hotel immediately!!!
It's bad management in bad hotel !!
Every thing bad !!
Did not respect the guest
Did not anyone call me
This insolence
It is the height of insolence
And then I decided to unsubscribe from the Marriott and will never come back to the Marriott
You could be the next victim!!!
And the funny thing is that when you open the mini-bar find it completely empty.
And when you ask for complementary water the answer is : we do not offer this service!!!!
Why do you go to the hotel and there are more than 1,000 hotels in London!!!
The hotel location is too far from everything!!!
And rooms are old!!
And breakfast does not have many choices!!
Please do not go
I regret all the money you've spent there

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
11 Thank ben-3eed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Olst, The Netherlands
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights during the Christmas week, not impressed with this Hotel. The room was very small, no seating area. You could just walk around the bed, bathroom OK not to clean. I would not recommend this Hotel if you want to go sightseeing London, it's to far out. The nearest Tube station is about 10 min. away (Kilburn Park), it will take you about 30-40 min. to the city and you will have to change over. I would not rate this Hotel as a 4*, more like 2*-3*. In the lobby is free WiFi, in the room you will have to pay for it. Skype Wifi is working for free in the room! Just on the other-side of the street is a shop for some essentials like wine and chips.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Visited with my spouse in November 2013.

Today I will start with few negatives:

1. Hotel is a bit away from the Tube (and from city center as well) - around 10 minutes of walking. Nothing serious for me, but my spouse has a limited mobility, so after long day (shopping of course) it was a bit of pain to get there. I used my iphone GPS to get there, but it is pretty simple to find.

2. Rooms were a bit dated, but included everything we needed for our one night stay.

3. View was a bit pointless - we stayed in the executive floor (top one) and the only window overlooked some old factories and Islamic Center of England - but it was completely quite - and who cares about the view while staying just one night.

Positives:

1. We booked the night through Mariott Worldwide Premium Awards - the booking via italian site was a bit pain (and took 3 weeks to complete) - but we ended up paying 0 euros plus the breakfast was included for free.

2. Breakfast was a really great and rich - also considering the peak season (autumn Saturday night in London) everything was well managed, staff was very positive and smiling and there was no problem with free spots (see my other reviews to see how difficult it can be to have your breakfast in London hotels).

3. Completely quite place - when we arrived it was full drinking UK, US and Australian rugby players, but I did not hear even a someone walking or talking.

4. Really nice staff on reception as well as in restaurants.

5. Plenty of shops opened at 10pm nearby - so we took few snacks and a cold beer from shop.

6. We arrived a bit later and the area seemed to be pretty quite and safe - I liked even more than city center.

I can definitely come back, the place met my expectations.

Room Tip: Executive (top) floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PragueTravelerCZ
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed here for one night after seeing a London show. Lovely rooms, excellent warm friendly and welcoming staff and great food. There is a gym with a swimming pool and sauna next door but there are connecting doors which is a definite bonus. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Due to location the views are not really applicable - we did have a street view which was interestin...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CheeryB50
Marden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

A good base for those wanting to be out of London in leafy suburbs. The hotel is connected to lots of bus routes into central London and is about an 8 minute walk from the tube.

Room was basic and a bit in need of tlc - air conditioning button broken, window wouldn't quite close so there was a draft. Rate was good as booked very last minute.

Staff were excellent - from check-in to the bar. I left a mobile adaptor and wash-bag in the room, sent them a SAE and they returned within a week.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights during my business visit, located nearer to Kilburn Park tube station. Breakfast is good and internet access is available in the room both at a cost. One has to pay for bottled water in rooms like other hotels in London. Swimming pool is at a nearby location - Bannatyne's Leisure Club and have to go through private property to enter, but complementary for hotel guests. Lunch at the Restaurant Fratelli was good.
The hotel being of Marriott Category 6 is an excellent choice but pricey for a normal traveler.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Buton upon Trent
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Location isn't ideal, but this hotel is a far better option for me than the awful Holiday Inn South Kensington. Friendly staff and a decent breakfast selection. The biggest asset this hotel has is the access to the Bannatyne Gym next door.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business