“Fantastic Service”

London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale
Ranked #382 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 January 2014

From the moment I entered the lobby until I left the staff could not have been more attentive and pleasant. The hotel is located in Kilburn which is just on the edge of the center of London. You have to take a bus (right outside) or the Tube (a 5 minute walk to the Bakerloo line) and very quickly you are in the center of London, especially the Marble Arch/Oxford St area.I preferred to stay in this area since it was a real neighborhood, local restaurants and no hoards of tourists. Yes, the hotel needs a refurbishment and in that way is not worth the very high price for a room. You could pay the same and get a better furbished room somewhere else, so they need to look at that. I had access to the Lounge and it was good, not great, but a good place to grab breakfast.

My room had a nice lounge chair, good TV, and windows that opened to get fresh air, a real plus for me. As I said, a bit worn room and bathroom but comfortable none the less. There is free internet in the lobby, which is not typical for London.

The location is good (not central) and the service is fantastic. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel is on a busy street but with the windows closed you do not hear the traffic n...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank TonyBur
There are newer reviews for London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale

Reviewed 26 January 2014

A Marriott hotel not in line with the expectation of the brand due to a very old facility not recently maintained.
The rooms are ok in size, but the fornitures and the bathroom are old and should be changed for an hotel of this category.
Disappointing not to find baiscally bathroom amenities and no sleepers which are normally a standard in Marriott hotels.
The heating is ok in the hotel, while in the room was basically not working and keeping the temperature at the limit of comfort, moreover the quilt was super thin and the feeling of coldness guaranteed during the night...
The location is ok as it is very close to the metro line, however it is not cheap even if quite far from the center.
Internet is overcharged if you don't have a Marriott status (gold/plat) but is free in the lobby.
The lounge is very small but reasonable in the choice of food and beverages for breakfast and aperitive.
The italian restaurant downstairs is not bad and the staff of al hotel is nice and efficient.
In conclusion, if you expect a Marriott standard this is not the right choice, but if you need to spend 1 night in London, despite the rate not cheap, it is still resaonble compared to similar hotels around.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Lorenzo R
Marriott_Maida, Manager at London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Lorenzo R,

Thank you so much for your review of our London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale and for the constructive feedback you have provided.

I am sorry to learn that you feel the bedroom that you were allocated during your stay was not up to the standards that you have come to expect and I would like to assure you that the points you have raised will be given great consideration during future assessments of our bedrooms.

I am delighted to hear that you found the public transport connections to be to your convenience and that you had the chance to enjoy our food and beverage outlets. The hosts here at the hotel will be delighted when they are informed that you found them to be nice and their service to be efficient.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for the contructive feedback that you have provided.

We hope that you will consider returning to our hotel so that we may have the opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to achieve the high standards that you expect.

Kindest regards from all of the team here at the London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed in mid december for business reasons and was very upset i couldnt get to spend time with my family as it was christmas however the staff there cheered me up and made my day. Very friendly staff, they were very helpful and very attentive to me needs. There was a woman called kolsooma she was very friendly and very helpful and was very patient with me, she listened to what i had to say and was ever so helpful. there was another female, a black female i didnt get her name she was also very helpful and told me where to go for a good night out. The negatives are that the location is average there arent many high quality restaurants nearby, however west end aint to far from there, the hotel is dated and needs an urgent refurb but all in all the service provided to me was what made this hotel stand out i am very pleased and will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Trevortbek
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Checked in and the front desk agent must have had a bad day because she was rude. It got so bad that we only stayed one night (out of 3) and decided to leave early. The hotel is also dated. Very surprised by the poor service given by the usually reliable Marriott chain.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank uswmnj
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night and we were greeted by friendly, helpful staff.

Our room was very clean and had everything we needed. The bed was very comfortable and we had a good nights sleep.

We had a drink in the bar, but did not try any of the other hotel facilities. If I stay in London again I would consider this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This hotel is nice but probably not as nice as most Marriott hotels. It seemed a bit cramped. Hotel staff was polite and generally helpful. This hotel is in the Islamic section of London. As a result there were many Middle Eastern type tasty restaurants in the area. This is nowhere close to any sightseeing for tourists. However the nearest tube stop is a short 5-10 min walk. The Bakerloo line there will serve you well. You can go direct to Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar square, and the London Eye. The bus line that runs in front of the Hotel runs direct to Marble Arch, where you can catch various sightseeing buses. We stayed for 6 nights here and getting to the sights was no trouble at all. So if you are a tourist and this is the only hotel available to you don't worry about the location, you can get around that. The hotel gouges quite significantly for wifi, but there is a Starbucks just up the street about 1 minute walk. I would stay here again if I could not get a more centrally located hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank larry9mm
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Worse than you think
I ask that you read the last speech
I booked this hotel for 18 nights.
And on the first night I asked them to give me a discount on the biggest suite they have, because I want to stay for a period of more than 6 weeks.

After my stay for two nights ago.
I went back to the room and did not find it had cleaned!!
I asked them to interpret it. They said, you put a sign on the door shhhhh!!!
I think there is an invention of the phone can call and make sure that the room is empty.
Please note that I did not put anything.
After that I asked them to give me a free Wi-Fi or discount on laundry because of my long stay.
They refused and the main reason is that the Booking is at a special price!!
I got to change my reservation and an early exit from this bad service hotel .
On New Year's Eve I went back to the room late and also I've found is not clean!!
I found only two pieces of chocolate on the bed!!!
This is proof that they deformities and physical faults room and did not clean up the room!!
We pay money for comfort not for fatigue.
I connect the Marriott customer care and they told me that they will call the hotel and they do not deified
Then I CONTACT them via Twitter and told me that the hotel manager would contact me and solve the problem!!!
Did not call me until one decided to get out of this building, which is called Hotel.
Did not respect the guests who booked a long stay and did not respect my silver Marriott rewards membership .
And no one descends and connects me to explain to me why this happened twice in less than 6 days!!!
It's a shame the lack of respect for Marriott guests this way.
Then I decided to get out of the hotel immediately!!!
It's bad management in bad hotel !!
Every thing bad !!
Did not respect the guest
Did not anyone call me
This insolence
It is the height of insolence
And then I decided to unsubscribe from the Marriott and will never come back to the Marriott
You could be the next victim!!!
And the funny thing is that when you open the mini-bar find it completely empty.
And when you ask for complementary water the answer is : we do not offer this service!!!!
Why do you go to the hotel and there are more than 1,000 hotels in London!!!
The hotel location is too far from everything!!!
And rooms are old!!
And breakfast does not have many choices!!
Please do not go
I regret all the money you've spent there

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family