“Never stops to amaze you ”
Review of Big Ben

Big Ben
Book In Advance
US$82.44*
Private Tour: Big Ben to Covent Garden Tour in London
US$89.31*
and up
London Walking Tour Including Fast-Track Westminster Abbey Visit and Changing...
US$13.74*
Essential London Walking Tour
Ranked #5 of 1,679 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Elizabeth Tower is the name of the famous clock tower which stands at the Houses of Parliament. The name Big Ben is often used to describe the tower, the clock and the bell but the name was first given to the Great Bell. The Elizabeth Tower was completed in 1859 and the Great Clock started on 31 May. The Great Bell's strikes were heard for the first time on 11 July and the quarter bells first chimed on 7 September. All visits to Big Ben and the Elizabeth Tower tours are now suspended due to refurbishment with the last tour having taken place on 16 December 2016. Tours are scheduled to resume in early 2020 once the work is complete. Visitors can still book tickets for a number of other tours at the Houses of Parliament which take place on Saturdays throughout the year and on weekdays during Parliamentary recesses.
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

One of the reasons I visited London was to see this marvel up close. I stayed nearby and no matter how many times I passed the Big Ben, it would not be enough to take all that beauty in. If you're not in the mood for the Houses of Parliament, walk over to the side and you'll find an entry to a tube station just before the bridge. You get a pretty good view from the stairway there. I recommend you record the bell at least once.

There are newer reviews for Big Ben

Reviewed 13 August 2014

What a fantastic city. 5 stars all over.. If you've heard of it.. Go see it.. There all great !

Photogs delight.. Lifelong memories.. So glad I'm alive during the digital age, so I can get as many as I want

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Seeing big Ben is what London is about. Fantastic sight where all tourists get a taste of London. Near to tube line and also food and other local London attraction's.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We managed to secure tickets for the Big Ben tour through our MP to coincide with our anniversary weekend. My husband is a big fan of all things clocks and watches so he loved it and so did I. The tour lasts about an hour and a half and our guide was very knowledgable and even showed me where my work was when we got to the bell section as he used to work there too!

You go through an underground tunnel to get to Big Ben which feels so 007! There is a statue of a unicorn in the tunnel too which I thought was awesome. We were in a small group and did the "climb" in 4 stages. You get to see all the mechanical workings of the clocks and the bells and you go behind the clock faces. Then you are by the bells when it tolls on the hour. Afterwards our guide took us to another area that is open to the public (can't remember what it is called but it links to all the Parliamentary rooms). Amazing tour and a must do for every British citizen! Especially as it is free lol

1  Thank Kate310
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Big Ben is not as big as you might expect, but it is still iconic and well worth a look. No trip to London would be complete without a picture.