“relax with kids”
Review of Baden-Powell House

Baden-Powell House
Ranked #815 of 1,656 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the house of Sir Robert Baden-Powell who not only fought as a soldier for his country, but also worked for peace through the brotherhood of the Scout Movement.
“relax with kids”
Reviewed 24 August 2003

relaxed with kids food adequate room comfortable price unbeatable great location reasonable restaurants close by geat choice

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

A TripAdvisor Member
“Bed Bugs at the Baden Powell House”
Reviewed 27 November 2002

I did not enjoy my stay at the BP house. I got a huge break out of bed bug bites from a nest that was inside the duvet on my bed. I had to go to the doctor to get medication, etc. What was even worse was that the staff at BP house said this was a common problem and would not make any efforts to take care of the problem. I was there with a large group for a few weeks and it took five days to get any of the staff to acknowledge the problem. Once they did, it was a constant battle of arguing to get them to switch me to another room and also to exterminate. They did not seem to care if the bugs ever went away. They said that they had had a bed bug problem a few weeks prior too. I do not recommend staying at the Baden Powell Bug House. I certainly never will again.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“loved it :)”
Reviewed 2 November 2002

I stayed at BP house with a group of Girl Guides (Girl Scouts) over the summer. There were many pluses to it: it had great location (just a five minute walk from the nearest underground station, an internet cafe, starbucks, everything we needed basically) and the part of town felt safe, even for a group of teenage girls.

One problem, however, was the food. Even though all of us were around 16, we were getting not quite enough food.... so our leaders complained and we started getting more.

The other problem:
We went to Scotland for a week, and then came back to BP house. When we got back, it turned out they had double booked our rooms we were supposed to stay in, so we ended up staying in two conference rooms on VERY uncomfortable cots, with thin blankets. Not exactly the highlight of the trip.

Other then that, though, everything was good. The service is good, and there's a little cafe downstairs... not that you need it, because everything else is so close :)

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member