“Romeo & Juliet national ballet”
Review of Royal Albert Hall

London Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60 Attractions
Ranked #3 of 346 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Opened in 1871, the Royal Albert Hall is the world’s most famous stage. It is also one of London’s most iconic and visited tourist attractions. Over the years, it has been the scene of over 150,000 performances; from Wagner to Sinatra, The Beatles to Beyonce, Muhammad Ali to Adele, and is home to the celebrated BBC Proms. Whilst the venue is most famous for its shows by night, by day this treasured building is open for coffee, lunch, afternoon tea and guided tours of the building. Tip for tour ticket holders: Enjoy a 10% discount on items in the Hall’s gift shop and Cafe Bar.
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Romeo & Juliet national ballet”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I have always wanted to go to a ballet and when I found Romeo and Juliet I snapped up the tickets. The place was stunning I have never been to the total albert hall and it is a breathtaking building and the ballet was everything thing I imagined it to me. You need to go and see this!!!

• Arabic first
245 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 301 helpful votes
“world-class venue”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I've been to the Royal Albert Hall twice in my life now. One was many years ago to see the orchestra for Lord of the Rings. This time, I went to see the 2009 Star Trek film. It was amazing. The venue is clean and the aucustics are great. I cannot fault it. It's world class.

Visited May 2014
Penzance, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Romeo & Juliet, English National Ballet”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have been to The Royal Albert Hall before but it was a very long time ago. The venue is amazing, my wife and I saw Romeo & Juliet which was incredible and very fitting for this beautiful old venue. We were high up in The Circle but row 2, so the view was good and the sound was also surprisingly good. I have read reviews about poor sound quality but the 70 piece orchestra, I did a rough count:) sounded great! One tip, pre-order your drink for the interval. We did and I was pleased we had as we strolled past the queue to where our drinks sat on the side, with our named receipt below. A lovely evening in a lovely venue.

Visited June 2014
London
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Romeo & Juliet (English National Ballet)”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was my first time at the Royal Albert Hall- what a place! Beautiful and literally took my breath away. Wherever you are seated you will have the best seats- why aren’t all theatres round?!

I went to see the English National Ballet performance of Romeo & Juliet. I was disappointed to not be going on the night Carlos Acosta was performing, but to be honest I was blown away by all the dancers, especially Romeo and Juliet, as well as Romeo's 2 pals (forgotten the names)- they were brilliant. It was dramatic and visually exciting, graceful and beautiful, full of emotion. The acoustics are excellent as you could imagine, and it was thrilling to be sat right behind the Orchestra.

Only down side is the HEAT- incredibly stuffy- if you are going in the summer, wear something light and bring layers for later! Other than that it was a perfect evening and I enjoyed every minute.

Visited June 2014
Ashford, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Captains Log Star Date 31/05/2014”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I know its just a litle Geeky but come on Star Trek Movie on a large screen with a full Orchestra playing the sound track........ Got to say an amazing experience. The quality of the sound produced was simply out of this world might have to trade in the BOSE from now on I want all my movies this way

Visited May 2014