“Great zoo, exceeded expectations”

Battersea Park Children's Zoo
Ranked #385 of 1,695 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: There's a world of enjoyment at Battersea Park Children's Zoo. From feeding the farm animals, spying on the meerkats in the secret lookout, children will have hours of fun. With monkeys, snakes, pigs, donkeys, ring tailed lemurs, parrots, rabbits, emu, chipmunks, coati, wallabies and chickens, plus a fun-packed adventure playground with a real tractor and fire engine, it's a great family day out.
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We arrived at the zoo at opening time of 10am. We were staying in Kensington and got on a bus either 49, 374) to travel to Battersea Park as there wasn't a suitable option. We used our anytime travel card so the bus was free. There are at least 2 buses that go that way. The bus journey was quick and easy and we travelled with a pram which we did not need to fold down as we used the buggy space. We are a party if 2 adullts and had 3 children in tow aged 14, 8 and 23 months. As our eldest two children have ASD and Aspergers Syndrome they were allowed a free carer each, no charge for our toddler as he was under two. Cost for everyone was £9.90.

The park is very child friendly with lots of play equipment scattered about for little ones including ride on trucks etc. Our toddler thought this was great and immediately began pushing a truck around having a great time. There is a good selection of animals to look at with clean, spacious enclosures. Staff were very helpful and approachable and answered many questions my daughter asked.

This zoo has some of the best play equipment areas I have seen. Lots of interesting varied play areas which all 3 of my children enjoyed. They have a great sand/water area which even provided free buckets and spades for the children to use.

We visited the onsite cafe. This had a costa coffee machine!! Large coffee £2.60 tea £1.60. My youngest 2 children had a childrens box for lunch were there was a good selection of either sandwiches or teacakes with various fillings. Unlike most places it wasnt just two finger slices but a full sandwich. There was a big variety of drinks to choose from as they got a sandwich and 3 additional items. Good variety to choose from including yogurts, jelly, fruit, crisps, veggy sticks, chocolate, cakes etc. Cost was £4.00 per box. My eldest son had a hot panini sandwich £3.60 which he said was excellent. The food was great and seating was available both inside and outside. The zoo is not to big, just the right size. There are lots of different areas which you can sit or have a picnic.

They have a small gift shop with lots of varied things and gifts starting from 50p so if your child wishes to spend some pocket money there are things they can buy.

All in all a great day out and after spending a week in London doing various activities this was in our top 3.

5  Thank sungiggs

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This children's venue is ideal for 3 to 8 year olds. With a good mix of animals and a play area , cafe etc. everything to keep children amused for most of the day till their energy runs out. Easily accessible by public transport. Bit crowded in school holidays.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I love this zoo because it has the otters closest to our home <3 <3
It is well-run, with the animals clearly extremely well cared-for. Fantastic facilities and educational descriptions of all the inhabitants, and a lovely shop. Love this zoo and very happy to support it.

1  Thank tjh2
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We went to the Children's Zoo at Battersea Park this afternoon and really enjoyed it, more to the point my six year old daughter loved it. We were there for 4 hours and she still wasn't ready to leave! I think it's wonderful that the zoo area combines both the zoo and lovely playground areas as well as great sand play areas too. I would highly recommend a visit. We chose this zoo over the main London Zoo as it is more reasonably priced and I'm happy we did this as I feel she had a lot more fun here than she would have had in the main zoo.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Our grand children loved this place. We came early in the morning and spent half our day here. The animals are cute and very friendly. My grand daughters are 6 years old, but I recommend this place for families with younger kids too.

2  Thank Elisabeth F