“Waste of Money” 1 of 5 bubbles

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Waste of Money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

I paid £15 for a family ticket to get in here - we were in and out in 10 minutes - what a waste! There are 3 or 4 small connecting rooms, a few dummies and shackles stuck to the wall and thats it. I tried to be optimistic and enjoy it but it really is a rip off. When you compare this with something like the imperial war museum - which is free - the clink's owners should be ashamed.

Visited February 2011

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Worst museum ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2010

Having passed by this "museum" many times I've always been intrigued... so with American visitors in tow we paid our £6 last weekend and entered in. Fifteen minutes later we were out. This is a badly put together story of a prison which... by the way... isn't even on the site or in the building or on architectural foundations of the actual prison. I've been to halloween parties scarier and more informative then this.

3 Thank ukstarman
Melbourne, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Dont waste your time!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

I came across this museum on my Southwark walk. It looked like it might tell me something about the prison and history of the area so I paid my 5 quid to go in. What a waste. It is dark inside supposedly to create mood. But you cant see anything! It has long long blurbs of written accounts of the torture and tortured but it is too dark to read most of it as they are not lit up, and there's not enough room for several people to stand around reading them anyway. There are recordings of screams going through a short loop over and over and over and over again until you feel like you've been tortured yourself. The exhibits are all a put on and there is no authenticity. Nothing I couldnt have learned on the Net. If you really want accounts of torture and not much else there are plenty of sites for that on the net. Dont waste your time or money here.

2 Thank aussie_history_lover
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't bother!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

Visited The Clink Museum this weekend. Absolute waste of time and money. It took about 15 minutes of my life that I wont get back!!! Definitely not worth visiting although we should have known as for London prices it is reasonable, but still a waste of money as there is nothing worth seeing.

1 Thank bandpc
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Spooky”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

I enjoyed visiting this place with my girlfriend, its very atmospheric. I'd never seen torture devices up close and you're allowed to touch everything. we had a good laugh about the chastity belts and the scolds bridal. Well worth the £6 entry

2 Thank Gareth4