“Awful, greasy food”

Chilango
Ranked #14,607 of 22,808 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: This award-winning, fast-casual Mexican restaurant serves fresh Mexican food including burritos, tacos and salads and features a streamlined pick-up service for customers who wish to pre-order for take-away. Open Mon-Fri 11am-9pm.
Trumpington, United Kingdom
“Awful, greasy food”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I love burritos, so was looking forward to my visit. I ordered the pork expecting the shredded pork as advertised. Instead I was served pork belly. Pork belly can absolutely be delicious. This was not. This was lumps of cold fat in sauce, over beans and rice made slick with grease. I should have complained, and it's my fault that I didn't. The portions were at least small, which was a mercy. This place has its fans so it must do something right. I'll never find out myself though.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank EBWilford

London, United Kingdom
“Good food......small portions for prices charged”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I visit Chilango quite frequently for lunch. I usually either go to the one on London Wall or Liverpool Street. I like Chilango, as it gives me the option to have a salad (if I'm trying to be healthy). My main problem is the portion they give, especially for the salad! For a chicken salad, they charge £5.95, but the portion usually leaves me still hungry. The amount of lettuce is small, they when they add the slice sweet peppers, they are very stingy with how much they give, but the worse one is the portion of chicken! It was once so bad, that i actually had to ask them to add more, and the person serving me reluctantly added more, but gave me attitude whilst doing it. They usually give one spoon full of chicken, but the spoon is seldom full. I would suggest that they give at least 2 or 1 and half, which will make me fuller and also feel less ripped off.

The beef and prawns are even worse, they portions are usually less for these. For the prawns, they literally give 1 skewer or prawns, which cost £6.95, which is rather pricey for take away lunch!

Chilango, your food tastes good, hence why I am a regular customer, but honestly, your portions are stingy! Especially for the prices you charge! I would be a much happier customer, if you increase your portions. I have not visited the restaurant in a while, because of how dissatisfied I was when I last went. There is no point of me buying lunch, if I am still hungry after.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank bfab84
London, United Kingdom
“Angel branch - very good quick food”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Lovely decor, staff and quick food. Good location and price is expected, also have good seating area and drinks.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Shasha189
“Great Mexican food!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Ingredients are clearly fresh and you can notice a difference with other burrito / taco places in London. Lots of flavour, and definitely get the 'guacamole for an extra pound' with your burrito!

• Visited August 2013
England
“Burrito too wide, you end of with a mouthful of Guac!”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Waited and searched ages to get to Chilango but was disappointed. I've been to 20 Burrito establishments now and this is in the botton 10 and wouldn't return. I typically use pork as the bench mark. Not having pulled pork was a shame and it was more fat than pork belly and apart from a little humour in the toilet area...it was as far as the fun went.

• Visited May 2013