“The best way to see London - Kudos to Graham!”

Bryan Gorin's Blue Badge Tours
Ranked #203 of 716 Tours in London
Reviewed 3 January 2013

A BIG TEXAS thank you to Graham Woodhouse - our tour guide during our recent visit to London. Graham and his colleague, Bryan, took time to correspond via email to determine ahead of time our wish list itinerary for a full day of site seeing in London.

Graham picked us up at our hotel and reviewed the day with us. He immediately shared wonderful historical facts about the sites we were seeing and would be seeing. We covered Westminster Abbey, Churchill's War Rooms and the changing of the calvary guard all in a morning. During our time in his Taxi, Graham shared great stories - (his knowledge of London was superb). He made sure to point out where key events happened and the key players involved.

As we rounded out the day,Graham took us on a self guided tour of the Tower of London. I was so impressed with his command of history and dates. He shared so many interesting tid bits that I didn't want the day to end.

If you are looking for a memorable way to see London, a full day with Graham will be the best decision you will ever make.

1  Thank Wendydomin

Reviewed 21 December 2012

Bryan is that good my colleague at work hired him for her birthday ! I have been hiring Bryan for our student tours around the City for many years now but he also covers Oxford and Cambridge. He can customise your tour and can include airport pick-ups as a package.

If you enjoy some banter along with historical know-how I can highly recommend Bryan for his insurmountable knowledge which is delivered in a fantastically humourous manner. For your tailor-made trip contact Bryan at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment as he is often booked up months ahead ! I've already booked him for next summer and next Christmas 2013 !

1  Thank Dabreo
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We just got back from a trip to London to celebrate a 90th birthday and were lucky enough to secure the services of Bryan Gorin for our trip. Not only did he pick up and take us back to the airport, but he also did a full day of sightseeing with us in both London and Oxford/Windsor. It was such fun to have Bryan along on our trip - he was so knowledgeable and also entertaining. He was able to provide great service to everyone on our trip - My mother-in-law (celebrating her 90th birthday) my husband and I - and also our kids - age 15 and 18 - we all enjoyed our time with him. I would highly recommend Bryan to anyone coming not just to London to tour, but also tours of the surrounding cities. We definitely plan to return sometime and see all of the sights that we just didn't have time to see - Bath, Stonehenge, Cambridge, Brighton, ect. We loved him - he is THE BEST!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Hotels62
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending the day with Bryan to get an introduction to the city of London. To say that Bryan is a qualified guide would be a tremendous understatement. As one would expect, he is completely knowledgeably of all of the typical tourist sights and the history associated with them. What really sets Bryan apart from others is his flexibility and knowledge of the less known areas and sights combined with his spontaneous and spell binding stories. No question is unreasonable and his answers show great conviction. Ask him a question and he'll give you an answer! Bryan is a true professional who clearly loves what he does and it comes across in his conversation. We would highly recommend Brian and will plan on using him again when we next return to the city. He also conducts tours from London into Paris and we are disappointed that we did not inquire about that when we booked our trip, as we would have loved to have him join us on our upcoming excursion. You cannot go wrong in hiring Bryan as your tour guide.

1  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My husband, 18 year old son, and I recently traveled to London. It was our first time in the UK. Having enjoyed private tours in other countries, I researched many London private guides on Tripadvisor. After emailing with several certified Blue Badge Guides, based on his excellent reviews and a gut feeling our personalities would mesh, I hired Bryan Gorin to pick us up at Heathrow and whisk us out to the London countryside for 3 days and 2 nights of touring. Let me make one thing perfectly clear, Bryan picked us up in a comfortable van. Despite the name of his company, we did not tour in his London taxi.

Without going into specific places we visited, I can say with utmost conviction that Bryan is not only extremely knowledgeable, but very engaging to downright enthralling when you get him on a topic he rarely gets asked about or has a personal interest in. We invited him to dine with us each meal. Conversation was never lacking. We talked about sites on our itinerary, local and world politics, things we should do on our own touring in London, and even the best way Bryan says to roast potatoes...in goose fat, of course!

When friends asked me what I loved most about our trip, I have a hard time coming up with just one experience, since the trip was so fantastic. I do say that Bryan was one of the reasons we enjoyed our trip so much.

2  Thank wwtraveler_10