Review Highlights
Absolutely fabulous!

My wife and I travelled in Car Gwen on the Belmond British Pullman yesterday as part of a special... read more

Reviewed today
drt121
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Brilliant!!!!!!! 5 course lunch day trip

Well where do I start what an amazing day! Could not fault anything! Absolutely first class! The... read more

Reviewed yesterday
thehungrybear2017
Basingstoke, United Kingdom

All reviews orient express victoria station day trip golden age of travel kent countryside steam train glass of champagne return journey oysters christmas lunch train journey train manager smoked salmon and caviar pullman carriages le manoir beautiful carriages celebrate a special occasion
Reviewed 20 March 2015

For my recent 70th birthday my wife presented me with a voucher for the two of us to enjoy a day out on the Belmond British Pullman. I had the choice of several journey options, but chose York, as friends had done this trip before and still talk about it. We stayed the night in a hotel next to Victoria Station, as we needed to check in at 07.15 for a 07.30 departure.
The train trundled round West London to get on to the lines out of Kings Cross to the north, this was a delight as we watched the early morning commuters on the various stations whilst we sat back enjoying the luxury of car 'Gwen'.
On booking the trip we were asked if there were any special meal requirements. For me none, but my wife requires a lactose free diet.
Every assistance was given to my wife, a jug of skimmed milk was provided for her numerous cups of tea. I had a Danish Pastry and my wife was offered a choice of butter-free cakes. The crumpet arrived with no butter when serving the scrambled egg and smoked salmon. Bellinis were served with this Brunch.
My wife was thrilled that we were able to take loads of photos on board, and she travelled the length of the train taking pictures of all the different car decors. Before we left the train for our tour of York, (each car having it's own city guide for this optional extra but included in the price), my wife was asked about the Dinner menu. She was asked if she was happy to have fish as an option to the stuffed Guinea Fowl as the stuffing was blended with cream. She was pleased with this as she loves fish. Every course had to be adapted for my wife and when the cheese course arrived she was presented with the most sumptuous platter of fresh fruits and every piece was ripe to perfection. My wife was so impressed that her food was just as perfect as everyone else's. Earlier on arrival back on the train we were served champagne and our pre-ordered wine was waiting for us. All in all a tremendous day out. We were offered the opportunity to leave the train at Finsbury Park, which many did, but we were pleased that we had another hour and 15 minutes back to Victoria to enjoy this once in a lifetime trip of luxury. Special thanks to our car attendants especially Michelle and Matt, who as true professional made our day.

4  Thank efs_david
Jean-Baptiste L, General Manager at Belmond British Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2015

Dear David,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed post!

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful 70th birthday.
Be sure that your compliments will be shared with our on-board team and most specifically Michelle and Matt.

Once again, thank you for travelling with us to York and we hope to welcome you back shortly.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 March 2015

It has always been on our bucket list to go on an Orient Express train and we went on the Brighton Belle for our 25th wedding anniversary. It is a special experience from when you arrive at Victoria Station at the dedicated reception lounge to the beautifully restored British Pullman carriages and staff who are dressed to impress and offer first class service. A great day, excellent food and highly recommended. Round trip is about five hours with a stop half way to stretch your legs at a station with a brass band. Every one on board was dressed for a special occasion and enjoyed themselves.

Dear Keith,

Thank you very much for your detailed comment.

I am delighted you have taken the time to write a review about your journey with us and we hope to welcome you onboard the Belmond British Pullman again very soon on one of our longer journeys!

Reviewed 18 March 2015

A truly outstanding experience! James Martin was superb - very chatty and engaging and even supplied 'seconds'! But the whole Pullman experience was first class - the food and wines were superb, the staff were fantastic, and the Polka Dot Girls and a magician added to the whole experience! Highly recommended and a memory that will last forever! Expensive but worth every penny!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Jean-Baptiste L, General Manager at Belmond British Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2015

Dear Stephen,

Thank you very much for your comments.

I am delighted you have taken the time to write a review about your journey with us and James Martin.

I shall pass your compliments to all the team and the Chef.

We hope to welcome you onboard the Belmond British Pullman again very soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2015

Had brunch on this from Victoria Station, through the Surrey countryside, great experience, loved every minute of it. Very good service and a nice meal.Paid for with Tesco vouchers.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

We hope to see you again onboard the Belmond British Pullman very soon!

Reviewed 17 March 2015

Took a trip on the Belmond Pullman dining train to celebrate my Wife's Birthday.What an experience the food was a menu created by James Martin who was on board the train.We received a copy of one of his cookbooks ,which he signed for us .From the time we checked in at the lounge at Victoria Station we were treated to lovely champagne ,food and wine.Onboard then train is pure luxury and a perfect setting to enjoy all that is offered.We were entertained by a magician and a trio of girl singers.The round trip lasts for about 4 1/2 hours but the time flew by and all to soon we were back at Victoria.I would recommend this trip for a little bit of luxury ,going slightly later in the year would allow a better view from the window,but there is so much to see on the table it is only a small point.

1  Thank BURSLAND

Thank you very much for taking the time to post to this forum and of course for choosing to travel aboard the Belmond British Pullman.

It was lovely to read that you enjoyed our Dinner hosted by James Martin.

I shall pass on your kind compliments to the on board team and of course to the Chef! I do hope we may be able to welcome you back aboard in the near future.