Review Highlights
Absolutely fabulous!

My wife and I travelled in Car Gwen on the Belmond British Pullman yesterday as part of a special... read more

Reviewed today
drt121
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Brilliant!!!!!!! 5 course lunch day trip

Well where do I start what an amazing day! Could not fault anything! Absolutely first class! The... read more

Reviewed yesterday
thehungrybear2017
Basingstoke, United Kingdom

All reviews orient express victoria station day trip golden age of travel kent countryside steam train glass of champagne return journey oysters christmas lunch train journey train manager smoked salmon and caviar pullman carriages le manoir beautiful carriages celebrate a special occasion
Reviewed 5 October 2015

This journey was about as far away from a South Eastern train journey as you can get.

From the moment you stepped on the Pullman carriages to the days journey end was like stepping back in time. The food ,service and sheer ambiance of the carriages made it a very memorable day. The seating is mainly set for twos (on armchairs) with closed carriages for four people at the end

We enjoyed the day out to Canterbury with a guided tour of the Cathedral. We then transferred by coach to Folkestone for the leisurely return journey.

An excellent day out and highly recommended

1  Thank keston
Pat T, Operations Manager at Belmond British Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2015

Many thanks for your kind review. It's absolutely our intention that you should feel transported to a bygone age and I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed it so much. We hope to see you on board again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 September 2015

A beautiful train journey around the Kent country side. Stopping off for oysters,and a brass band to play to us. First class food ( 5 courses) alot of English food, pleasant stewards. A beautiful and amazing train, with comfortable arm chair seats, very plush decoration, a trip back in time, you felt like wealthy people of times gone by. A saxaphone serenade for the ladies. Five hours of pleasure, escapeisem. This trip can be done, by friends, family teens, business and solo, as you can chat if you wish.

1  Thank JEAN k
Jean-Baptiste L, General Manager at Belmond British Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2015

Dear Jean,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review.

It is always a delight to read that our guests had such a good time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again onboard in the near future.

Reviewed 21 September 2015

We arrived at Victoria station early and decided to have a coffee in the lounge whilst we waited, we went to the desk and were told there would be no refreshments today because of a dispute with the contractors?
Off to Starbucks we went...
Time to board the train....
What a sight, the train, carriage, tableware were all outstanding, we were on a five hour trip lunch trip around the Kent countryside stopping at Whitstable, except we didn't, we stopped at Folkstone, I don't know why, we wasn't told.
The food was all amazing, the service was excellent, Sonny was exceptional!
Oysters and champagne in Folkstone were again wonderful.
I wanted to buy a cup and saucer as a memory but unfortunately they were out of stock!
All in all a wonderful day.

3  Thank Caroline P
Jean-Baptiste L, General Manager at Belmond British Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

I am very pleased to read that your birthday celebration onboard the Belmond British Pullman was a success.

I am sorry you were not able to receive a cup of coffee on the platform that day and that you were unable to buy the souvenir you wanted.
Do not hesitate to contact us regarding the cup and saucer as we will shortly receive a new stock.

We hope to welcome you back on one of our other journeys sometimes in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2015

Travelled on the Pullman from Victoria round Kent with a short stop at Broadstairs for a jazz band and oysters. This is the second time I have done this trip with a 5 course lunch, glass of champagne and half a bottle of wine included in the price. Tip top service. Left Victoria at 11.15 am and returned at 4.10 pm. Great way to spend part of a day.

I am looking forward to my next visit in 2 months' time.

1  Thank Chris H

Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice comment.
I am glad you enjoyed your lunch on the Belmond British Pullman with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in 2 months.

Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

Having done around 8 fantastic day trips in the past (Aintree, Goodwood, Ascot, Windermere, Lincoln Xmas Market to name a few) we thought we would try out the afternoon tea experience. This was a trip to Folkestone with brunch going out and afternoon tea coming back. What wasn't stated at the time of booking was that the purpose of this journey was to drop off and collect passengers coming off the Orient Express from Venice and therefore our return time depended on whether that train was on time or not, this information was printed in the ticket booklet which arrived about a week ago.

The train was late arriving into Victoria Station so therefore late arriving at Folkestone. By the time the coaches had transferred us from the station to The Leas we were told we had only 65 minutes to do our sightseeing before we needed to be back on the coach for the return journey.

The whole process of serving afternoon tea which consisted of 5 finger sandwiches each with a token piece of lettuce on the plate, an extra large scone each and 6 small extra sweet cakes between us seemed rushed and the service was nowhere near the standard that we have had in the past. My husbands coffee cup was even take from him before he had finished it!

I am disappointed to say the least and given that we have another 4 experiences booked in the next 8 months I am hoping that this one was just a blip!

1  Thank Sue P

Dear Sue,

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the various times you spent with us over the years.

I am sorry the journey to Folkestone did not meet your expectations. It is indeed one of our shortest journeys and is very different than the ones you experienced in the past.

As we are continuously trying to improve our offer, I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write to us and giving us your impressions. It will most certainly help us.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back onboard very soon and hope the journey will be as enjoyable as those you have been experiencing for so long.