“Great food, expensive wine”

The Fulham Wine Rooms
Ranked #3,484 of 22,808 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
warwickshire, UK
“Great food, expensive wine”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Had a meal here last week with my daughter and her fiance who live opposite, so very convenient. The food was excellent and good value, the wine however is rather expensive which is one of the reasons I rated this as very good rather than excellent. As usual with London restaurants a service charge is included (which I now am used to) and I think affects the service you receive which again was why I marked as very good rather than excellent. However if I was in this area of London again would definitely go again.

• Visited June 2013

“Go before 7pm for a great deal!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This amazing bar offers fantastic deals before 7pm, usually you can get a glass of prosecco for £3. With a great choice of wines available by the glass through their fancy system where you put money on a card and help yourself, you can try a huge variety of amazing wines that are usually confined to a bottle. Their tapas style food is delicious. A fab bar that I would highly recommend!

Visited May 2013
“Enjoyable Evening With Excellent Food”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My boyfriend took me here on Valentines day. There was a special 'loved up' menu on offer that evening which was actually the same as normal, just with different names for everything.
I started with the soup of the day, which was Pea and Mint which was beautiful. We then shared the Côte de Boeuf which was absolutely divine, served with Sautéed Potatoes, which again were lovely. We each then had a Chocolate Fondant dessert which served with salted caramel ice cream was the perfect finish.
The waiter we had was very friendly, we booked in advance and were sat on a table away from others who were sitting at table and chairs very close to one another.
Overall we had a wonderful evening. The meal cost us in excess of £130 once we had wine which is beautifully matched to each course. The price was steep but for a lovely evening on a special occasion it was worth it.

• Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Excellent Wine Tasting”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Very good value for money and informative Wines of the Loire wine tasting event. Ollie was extremely knowledgable, light hearted and happy to answer a whole array of questions. For £25 we had 6 quarter glasses of wine - 3 whites, 3 reds. The tasting took place in a private room and there were 12 in the intimate group. Couldn't recommend this more. They also do a dinner and wine tasting.

Visited May 2013
York, United Kingdom
“good food and wine”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Lovely evening, delicious Cotes de boeuf, good selection wines and nice atmosphere. staff on good form,.

• Visited April 2013