“Great Location, Good Value, Small Space, Bad Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Enterprise Hotel

Enterprise Hotel
Ranked #775 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Location, Good Value, Small Space, Bad Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2006

The location of this hotel couldn't be better. Just a block from the local high street with the tube stop and many conveniences such as post office, chemist, bank, launderette, internet points, and many cafes and restaurants. The street itself was very quiet with little traffic. My main reason for choosing this hotel was that it had a lift, but the lift was extremely slow and a bit dodgy. However, it could handle three people with their luggage all at once. Very few hotels in this price range advertised lifts at all, and it was a must as I was traveling with my elderly mother.

I never expect a large room in a big city hotel, but this was one of the smallest I've been in. The twin beds were pushed right next to each other and there was still just barely enough room for our suitcases. The bathroom was clearly built into the room and things stuck out at odd angles, though everything in the bathroom worked. We also appreciated the electric kettle. Another oddity: the room key (we were only allowed one) had to be inserted into a device in the wall in order to turn on the electricity in the room. This was unpleasant when one of us wanted to take a nap, as the other could not go out with the key -- we had to knock on the door and wake the sleeper to return.

The restaurant in this hotel was wretched. One night we were too tired to go out to eat, so we stayed in. Even our very minimal expectations were blown away when we were served soup that was clearly made from a powder. We had chosen fish and chips, expecting frozen food, which we got, but the international staff obviously misunderstood what sort of vinegar goes with the meal -- they brought out the cruets of olive oil and red wine vinegar that would normally be served with a salad, instead of the expected malt vinegar for the meal. Don't eat here unless you are desperate.

8 Thank AmeliaEve

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2006

Not recommended from our experience. Tiny, dirty, noisy room. Very poor decor, who knows what splashed up the wall, dirty valance on bed. I couldn't wait to leave and have never been back. I hope it has been refurbished.

• Stayed June 2003, travelled on business
3 Thank Kazcat65

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Sheffield, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2006

upon arriving at the hotel i knew that this hotel was something special! the hotel is currently unergoing a re-fit so the reception has been moved into the resturant, apart from that little confusion i can happily say that the enterprise hotel was excellent value for money and in a brillant location! we had booked 2 rooms and where given rooms next to one another, which had an interconecting door which we were given the key for. the rooms where spacious and the bathrooms in particular were very new, clean and had room to swing a cat. having paid such a low price for this hotel we were a bit dubious before ariving but once we where there we fell in love with it. the staff were excellent, very helpful and friendly. on a friday and saturday night the hotel has kareoke downstairs, which was probebly one of our best nights ever! it is free to guests and i had the most fun that i have had in a long time! if you have/are thinking of booking this hotel - please do it!! it is in an excellent location and is one of the nicest, quirkyest places i have ever stayed!!!

2 Thank Beckybaker1982
Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2006

This is the kind of hotel where you have to ask for what you want. I booked a standard twin room, and the receptionist tried to put me in a room with a double bed and a sofa. Then when I asked for a standard twin (2 twin beds), she gave me a key to an older room, which had ratty bedspreads, the smallest bathroom ever, and absolutely no room to move. Not exaggerating. So I went downstairs again and asked for one of the newer rooms, as seen on the internet. Then I got a standard twin room with plenty of room, newer bedspreads, and a balcony. For a cheap hotel, I was happy with room, but I could see how if you don't press for what you expect from online photos, you could end up in a slum of a room. I really couldn't have stayed six days in a room that small, and I've stayed in hostels back in my college days. Overall it was a good value, but some of the staff won't give you the best they have to offer unless you request it.

The surrounding restaurants were great, and the tube connection was awesome. Stay in Earls Court for sure!

3 Thank Hal77
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2006

What fun we had at the Enterprise Hotel, attractive bar and restaurant in the hotel, and the surrounding areas of Earl's Court! A pleasant walk to the underground, not to mention some great restaurants in Earl's Court area. Our two grandkids, two sons, two daughters-in-law, and the two of us had no complaints. So what if the rooms were far less than American size for heaven sakes...We spent only our sleeping hours there, and were delighted with London, Portsmouth, Cornwall, the Tate Modern, the Savoy for high tea, the pubs, and that great little Indian restaurant just up the street from the hotel & just before the main street and Underground. We'll be back and next time we'll stay longer! Thanks to all!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2005

Excellent location and clean hotel. It's just a few steps away from Earl's Court tube station, which is on the main lines from the Heathrow Airport and to downtown London. The hotel is in a great area - there are restaurants, a grocery store, internet cafes, a bakery, a post office, all within a short walk from the hotel.

What I liked:

- Clean room + bathroom
- Lots of channels on tv
- Great location !!
- Cheap (about 45 pounds for a double-occupancy room)
- Plenty of hot water
- Quaint, homey atmosphere with lots of Van Gogh paintings on the walls
- Desk, night tables and armoire in room to store some of your belongings

What I didn't like:

- Beds are a little uncomfortable and small
- Tiny room with hardly any floor space
- Paper-thin walls (you can easily hear your neighbors if they are louder than average)
- The shower's water pressure is extremely weak, and sometimes non-existant for a couple minutes

If you are looking for a cheap but decent hotel, this is the place to book. It is great for travellers who are tight on budget but who'd prefer not to stay in hostels. I was extremely satisfied that I got my money's worth! I would strongly recommend it if you are OK with the slight inconveniences listed above.

• Stayed November 2005
4 Thank Gabrielle T
London, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2005

To sum up this place:

Pros:
Amazing location (seconds away from Earls Court tube)
Friendly staff
Clean rooms with regular changing of towels, bedding etc
Multiple channel TV in room along with celing fan, radiator etc so you can regulate temperature

Cons:
Small rooms, even for London, but you get all you need in them!
Slow lift!
Slightly uncomfortable beds in truth but you get used to it

In conclusion, for the price I got (around £35 a night) this hotel was great in terms of location and cleanliness. I did get a double room to myself and I expect if I had shared with someone else I would have really struggled with space. If you want to live in your room, find somewhere else for the extra space. If you want a cheap base from which to get around London you wont find better for the price!

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business