New Linden Hotel
US$189
galahotels.com
US$203
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnotting hillportobello roadhoneymoon suitebayswater tube stationcontinental breakfastkensington gardenscold meatshyde parkluggage roomminute walkbigger roomstaff on receptionlovely hotelnice bathroombars and restaurantsrooms are smallyogurt
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel is ideally placed for everything! Interesting shops, unusual restaurants and beautiful architecture. The hotel itself does not have a lot of facilities but the rooms are nice, the staff are really, really helpful and the breakfast is very fresh and nicely presented. It is slightly further away (by 2 mins) from the more expensive hotels along Kensington Gardens but that keeps the price down. A double room for single occupancy isn't a luxury - its a must. Not sure how you would fit two people in the room to be honest, but for a single, woman traveller the room was lovely. The bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever stayed in (including The Savoy on numerous occasions) and the staff were lovely. They opened my half bottle of wine (purchased elsewhere) and provided a wine glass. If its just a quick stop over or a lone traveller, save your pennies and stay here instead. I am going back next week!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the front of the hotel! I left my window open and watched the lights coming on across the road - it was just like a Victorian postcard - glorious!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed 6 June 2014

great location for us as we had dinner at the Hereford road restaurant, we arrived and our executive room wasn't ready so they upgraded us to a suite which was beautiful. would definatly stay again...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Finding decent accommodation in London for a good price is always difficult however, we really lucked-out on this one. A great, quiet location away from main roads in Bayswater not too far from Portobello Road. Beautiful houses and interesting shops in the surrounding area.

The only things I would say are that our room (209) had an incredibly squeaky and slippy laminate floor. The breakfast was decent but the chairs were incredibly heavy to move. They wouldn't be very good if you were less able. Nevertheless, I would definitely stay at the New Linden again.

The Prince Edward pub on the same road serves nice food (if a tad overpriced) and a good selection of ales/cider (definitely on the pricey side!)

1  Thank happyeater
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Within the first night of staying in this hotel. I was in the shower and had slipped causing me to fall down and injure my fibula. My wife and I originally reserved two nights at this hotel. The third day (checkout) we had plans to go to a different hotel but because I was injured and could not travel we requested that we could stay one more night. The receptionist denied us another night stating that there were no more rooms available. My wife tried to explain that this was a serious matter and was willing to pay for extra nights until our vacation was over. When the receptionist could not help us, the manager took over the situation and told us to leave the hotel. The manager had the worst attitude and seemed careless about the situation at hand. We understood that there was no room the day we requested an extra night but we feel that the manager was still unwilling to help at all. We felt our needs were ignored. Because of this, we had no choice but to leave.

1  Thank Charles M
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Arrived early with a safari of baggage in tow and desk person was gracious friendly and most important, gave us a choice of rooms to register right then and there. Excellent value, close to public transportation on a very quiet and Londonesqe street. The restaurants and pubs in the neighborhood are friendly, clean, efficient and the food quality excellent. This is a first time London trip for me. I'll be back.

1  Thank dogwood62