“Wonderful hotel, team, location evrything's there!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Goring

The Goring
Ranked #7 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Paris, France
“Wonderful hotel, team, location evrything's there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

I stayed there for business and everything was perfect, the staff, the room and the location is great!

A special thank you to the the General Manager Graham Copeman for his warm welcome.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Etc1
journeyride, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this review, 19 April 2011
Thank you - I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience here at The Goring.
It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope we have the opportunity to do so again soon.
Warmest regards,
Graham Copeman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

This is the fourth time I have stayed at the Goring. I am a fairly frequent traveller to London and I enjoy staying in good quality hotels. The service at the Goring is exceptional. Nothing is too much trouble.
Another reviewer complained of "tired" decor in the rooms, however, it seems that there is refurbishment in progress. Ours was very modern - everything controlled by a touch screen (hours of fun closing and opening the curtains!). Breakfast is good, too.
The hotel is a couple of minutes from Victoria Station, but very quiet, particularly the rooms over the garden.
This is a very traditional hotel without gym/pool etc (although the hotel can arrange this locally), but it's a real home from home.

• Stayed March 2011
4 Thank elizabethlynne
journeyride, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this review, 22 March 2011
Dear elizabethlynne,
Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your stay at The Goring. We are so pleased you enjoy your regular stays at the hotel - it is a pleasure to welcome you here. Please make it a fifth stay very soon...
Indeed, we are constantly improving and refreshing our rooms and public areas - do feel free to ask one of our team to show you a new room next time you stay, if you would like to see one. Each room and suite is individually designed so no two are identical.
With kindest regards,
Graham Copeman
Cambridgshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2011

My partner and I have been very busy at work with very large projects that were coming to an end so we decided to invest in some quality time together.
After much debate we decided to stay at The Goring as we had heard about its reputation and wanted to experience it for ourselves and we certainly weren't disappointed. From arrival at the hotel to our departure 2 nights later everything exceeded our expectations even to finding the Molton Brown toiletries in our room to pamper ourselves with. I would certainly recommend this hotel

1 Thank Bacardi99
journeyride, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this review, 15 March 2011
Dear Bacardi99,
We are so pleased to hear that we were able to make your special weekend together even more special here at The Goring. See you again sometime soon.
With warmest wishes,
All of the team at The Goring
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

This was my first trip to London with my girlfriend. The hotel staff was very helpful throughout our trip. We arrived in the early morning on an overnight flight from Philadelphia and they allowed us to check in early and let us get some needed rest then switched us to a better room when it became available. The concierge was very helpful at suggesting the best way to see the tourist sites and best restaurants in the in the city. They were able to arrange for Valentine's Day flowers be sent to the room on very short notice too. Also the hotel was a short walking distance to see Wicked, Victoria Station, Buckingham Palace and tour bus stops. I'd definitely go back to the Goring next time I visit London.

4 Thank Artdiesel
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

I returned for my second stay at the Goring in May 2010. On that trip I travelled with my sister. From the moment we entered the lobby - we were surrounded by sumptuous décor and exquisite personal service. Unlike many historic London hotels that have been bought by various large corporations – the Goring is still owned by the Goring family. This fact – along with the hotel’s intimate size – provides a very warm & welcoming atmosphere. It’s cozy yet elegant. It’s relaxing yet luxurious. It’s home.
The service at the Goring is unsurpassed. I returned to London in November 2010 on business but still made time for a trip to the Goring. When I arrived for Afternoon Tea - the Doorman asked after my sister. The Concierge greeted me by name. One of the Servers in the Lounge asked if I had found the item I had been shopping for on my previous trip. Six months later! I’m honestly starting to wonder if the staff is provided with some kind of mnemonic training. How on earth can they remember such details?
The only thing I can say against the Goring is that it has ruined my stays at other hotels. Every other hotel I visit simply can't compare with the Goring. I can stay at another fine five-star establishment and still think "It's nice. But it's not the Goring". I never want to stay anywhere else in London.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank MsWincham
Dear MsWincham,
We are honoured to be your Happy Place! Please come back again soon.
From all your friends at The Goring
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

My family have been visiting the Goring for many decades and I consider it one of the nicest hotels in London, up there with The Dorchester for service.

I eat at the hotel at least once a week and I suppose that in itself demonstrates that it must be doing something right. It has after all beeing doing it for over 100 years in fact, under the ownership of the same family.

The bar bussles ( and has an appealing choice of decent sandwiches etc, although they could perhaps change the hot food menu) and the restaurant consistantly produces decent British food in a pleasant environment.
Recent refurbishment of the Ground floor to to eveyone's taste but not offensive.

Rooms are a little tired and could do with a make-over, especially as the Savoy has recently reopened following their closure and transformation.
Never cheap but wouldn't want it to be either.

Nice enclosed garden in summer and close to Victoria Sation if you ever have the unfortunate mishap of having to use it. Convenient for Wesminster Cathedral and Buckingham Palace and 5 minutes walk from each.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank travellersrest2011
Lyndhurst, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2011

The really lovely thing about this hotel is the staff and the service. The public rooms have a wonderful ambience. Our bedroom was clean and comfy but the decor was rather tired especially in the bathroom. The bath was an exact fit for my 5 foot frame but was impossibly small for my husband. Excellent breakfasts but our only experience of dinner was disapointingly average. Overall we were sold on the staff and the atmosphere and will be back, but will go to another restaurant for dinner.

2 Thank newforestlady