“Great stays”

The Goring
Ranked #7 of 1,068 Hotels in London
“Great stays”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This stay is my first time in london. I have good impression with this beautiful hotel. They free upgrade our room. And we had very enjoyable breakfast, not only deli foods and nice service. Even I lost mobile phone in hotel room, we felt great in this stay.

• Stayed July 2011
journeyride, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Dear Christinefmhongkong,

Thank you for sharing you thoughts. How wonderful to hear you enjoyed your first stay in our magnificent city. Chef Derek Quelch serves a celebrated breakfast. It truly is the perfect start to any day.

If we can do anything at all to help plan your next visit to London, please do contact us.

With best wishes,
Graham Copeman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This is an absolutely fabulous hotel - you can't help but feel this is the most friendly, classy and extravagent hotel in central London. If you're home were a boutique castle, where each evening you sink into plush furnishings with a hefty G&T before a fantastic, no-calories counted dinner, before sinking into a super king, egyptian cotton world and being woken by a perfect shower then you must live in the Goring. If you must go then please don't tell anyone else about it or it will be ruined.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenaviv
Dear jenaviv,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I am delighted to hear of your marvellous time with us. I can think of little better than aperitifs in our fabulous lounge, a sumptuous dinner in our award-winning dining room and a stay in one of London’s finest bedrooms. Bliss! I do hope you will be returning to us in the not too distant future.

With best wishes,
Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Have just spent the most amazing weekend at The Goring. It was my birthday and originally wanted to stay here for the beach bar as i live in Cornwall and fancied a bit of beach in the city!! Unfortunately it was closed but this didn't matter as the whole hotel is just stunning. I have stayed in some wonderful hotels but nothing compares to this place, everything is thought of and the attentiveness of the staff was unsurpassed. I especially loved the dining room and the smoked salmon breakfast we enjoyed. We stayed on the Saturday night and then had afternoon tea there on the Sunday. i go for afternoon tea quite regularly and it has to be the right setting. From the service, setting and the actual selection of sandwiches, scones and cakes, this was most definitely, The Best!!!
Already thinking about our return visit!!!!!!
A special mention and thanks goes out to Rupert, who personally delivered our bag that we left behind at the hotel and we were staying in east London!!!
Before booking this hotel, I did look at various others as I do love hotels that err on the modernist side with decor. However, I couldn't imagine staying anywhere other than the Goring now.
Afternoon Tea is the cheapest but worth every penny, even better than the Milestone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maxinegledhill
journeyride, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Dear Maxinegledhill,

Thank you for your review of The Goring. It really is lovely to hear you picked The Goring for your birthday celebrations and that the weekend was such a success.

We are proud to go the extra mile for our guests. I will pass on your thanks to Rupert, who literally did go the ‘extra mile’ on this occasion!

Please do come and stay with us again soon,

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2011

The Goring was a special present for my partners birthday and we both had a wonderful stay. Firstly I spoke to Alison who helped arrange a lovely cheese platter and champagne for our room, she was wonderful. The reception staff when we first checkin were alittle stern with us which made me think the staff were going to be alittle 'snobby' but as soon as we settled in and went downstairs to the bar the barman were very welcoming. We didnt catch his name but the gentleman beside reception ( maybe he is incharge if guest services?) was so lovely. He and my partner were constantly chatting. Dont let go of him he is a asset to the hotel.
Overall we had a wonderful staying and the biulding is so beautiful. Will return next year for our anniversary!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Love2Travel23073
Dear love2travel23073,

I am delighted to read your kind review following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to make your special weekend together even more special here at The Goring. I know Alison and Michael will be delighted with your comments.

We are all looking forward to your return visit for your anniversary celebrations next year!

Reviewed 31 July 2011

Little did I know that our stay at the Goring was to coincide with my engagement. The Goring made the event even more special. A beautiful hotel and the most delicious meal I have ever had. The Goring will always be a special place for me.

From the future Mr & Mrs Macaulay. X

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank NickiDav
Dear NickiDav,

We were all over the moon to learn of your engagement. Congratulations! It was truly our pleasure to welcome you into The Goring to celebrate such a special occasion. I hope you carry fond memories of The Goring for many years to come.

NJ
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The Goring was impressive in it's attention to service.There are several Doormen and concierges always on duty and requests were addressed often within seconds of hanging up the phone.We stayed in a suite with a sitting area and a bedroom. Both were small but comfortable in a very British antique decor sort of way. We had breakfast included in our rate which was presented and served beautifully .We ate one dinner at the hotel which was quite expensive and, in my opinion, not outside the ordinary. There were a number of decent restaurants within walking distance but the hotel itself is outside the main tourist part of London which has both advantages and disadvantages.One advantage is that it is on a very quiet street so noise at night is not an issue.The Goring was elegant and exclusive but a bit too subdued for my taste.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clozlady
journeyride, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this review, 31 July 2011
Dear Clozlady,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us at The Goring. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us.
John, and his team at the concierge desk are raring to go with all our guest’s enquiries. In fact John was recently crowned the Best Concierge in the World by a top travel magazine. High praise indeed!
Isn’t breakfast just wonderful? The only problem I have is finding room for lunch!
Please do return soon.
LulubelleT
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed at The Goring for 2 days in June and LOVED it. My 7 yr old daughter Lucy and I went and she and I could have moved in we were so comfortable there. The staff is wonderful, they are so accommodating of families and I never once felt "awkward" about having a 7 yr old child with me -- even when she was restless and silly in quieter spaces.

The rooms are beautifully appointed and the beds -- well, let's just say we slept for 4 hours the day we arrived even though we didn't mean to!

Tea is a must do while you're there. Plus the proper English Breakfast in the restaurant. I cannot wait to go back. The fact that the Duchess of Cambridge stayed here before the Royal Wedding was just icing on the cake...

More details here: http://poshbrood.com/destinations/detail/the_goring_hotel/

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LulubelleT
Dear LulibelleT,

Thank you so much for finding the time to share your thoughts on Tripadvisor as well as on your excellent website. I am thrilled both you and Lucy enjoyed your time with us. It is essential to us that our guests feel truly at home at The Goring, really part of the family.

Next time you must stay for longer.