“Ultimate London Luxury”
Review of The Goring

The Goring
Ranked #8 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The Goring is elegant..welcoming..and friendly. Magnificent rooms..beautiful restaurant..great bar..BUT the stand out is the staff..young..full of life and wanting to share this historic hotel with guests..afternoon tea is a must...rooms are beautifully decorated...where else would you find silk walls..details are very thought out..everything is elegant

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank raenette
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear raenette,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay at The Goring.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the elegance of the hotel and I have to agree with you it is the team that make The Goring. Every member of our team work tirelessly to ensure that each of our guests enjoys their time with us from the moment they arrive to when they sadly depart.

We all hope that you will return to The Goring before too long so that you can sample more of our Afternoon Tea delicacies and be cared for by the team.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Goring Hotel Is THE standard in luxury hotels. There were no disappointments during a recent return visit. The folks at The Goring really know how to make you feel welcome, how to provide service, ambiance, comfort and all those other good things. This is done with great polish and without being stuffy. The restaurant is super. The bar is terrific. The garden is lovely. If ever one has the possibility of experiencing this great hotel I can't say enough that one should.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SanDiegoJCU,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us at The Goring.

We were delighted to welcome you back to the hotel and thrilled that yet again we didn’t disappoint. The team and I are chuffed to pieces by your comment that we are the hotel that provides the standard for luxury hotels.

From all of us in London we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel so that you can enjoy yet again the comfort of The Goring and of course so that we can take care of you.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was treated to Afternoon Tea at the Goring Hotel for my 50th birthday by my best friend. WOW - it was amazing. The whole experience lasted 3 hours, we didn't pour a cup of tea for ourselves all afternoon. There was a plentiful supply of food and tea and always opportunity for more sandwiches or cakes. The service was excellent and the whole afternoon was truly memorable. It was excellent value for money and I can't imagine another afternoon being as good as this.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sue C,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent celebratory tea at The Goring.

We were thrilled to welcome you to the hotel for your birthday treat and I am delighted that we didn’t disappoint. It is always lovely to hear that a guest has enjoyed every moment of their time with us whether it be the delicious treats they sampled or the service they received.

The team and I all hope to welcome you back to The Goring before too long so that you can relax and enjoy another perfect afternoon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have eaten here many times so whilst I can review the restaurant I have never stayed here. This is one of my favourite places in London to eat. The quality of food and service is excellent. It is unpretenious like some other top hotels/restaurants but you just feel special here. My friends and I started coming here before it made the headlines as the place that the Duchess of Cambridge plus family stayed before the Royal Wedding and we were concerned it would be 'spoilt' but thankfully it has not been and is still my favourite place. I have just attended a private birthday luncheon here and once again it was superb.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear jackie m,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your visits to our Dining Room.

It is always lovely to welcome old friends to the hotel and we were delighted to see you again the other day. I am thrilled that during your numerous experiences at The Goring you have enjoyed excellent service and food.

We all hope that it will not be too long before we see you all again.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was a special occasion, and I have to say I was very dissapointed.

The bedroom was small and was very noisey. There was a constant buzzing noise all night.

The hot water was luke warm .

However, the staff were exellent in every way.

Finally , I think that the hotel in general is very overated, and doubt I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Davidmaxmurray
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Davidmaxmurray,

Thank you very much for your review of your stay with us in March.

I am very sorry that you were disappointed by your stay with us and that we failed to up to your expectations. At The Goring we always strive to ensure that all of our guests are able to enjoy the true Goring experience and it appears on this occasion that we have failed. I wish that you had highlighted your issues with the room and the water to us at the time so that our team were able to address them and rectify the problems.

I do hope that you were able to celebrate your special occasion and that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel and indulge you in a truly memorable stay which will be the true Goring experience.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Meeting a colleague for breakfast tomorrow and just realised hadn't written up my last visit. The fact I cannot wait for a full English tomorrow really says it all!! The kidneys and black pudding is sublime. Move over Middleton's!! 8 hours and counting...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bogla-Jnr
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Bogla-Jnr,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your breakfast at The Goring.

We were delighted to welcome you back to the hotel again and thrilled that the draw of our kidneys and black pudding led you to return. I trust you were not disappointed!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Meeting friends in London for lunch and a good gossip- we settled on the restaurant at the Goring. They never falter in the quality of their service and the food experience was equally exquisite. Its not an endless menu choice, but wide enough to satisfy all tastes - and a food allergy in one of the party. We all thoroughly enjoyed the choices we made, perfectly cooked and presented. The whole ambience from the moment you arrive makes you feel valued and cosseted, friendly but not intrusive - if you want advice, it is available but not thrust upon you. It is simply a wonderful, comfortable visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kate G
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Kate G,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your luncheon at The Goring

We were delighted to welcome you back to the Dining Room and thrilled that you enjoyed another delicious meal accompanied by faultless service. I am thrilled that you felt well looked after by the team but were also able to have a good gossip with your friends without being intruded.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Goring for another exquisite meal and catch up with your friends.