The Goring
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$212
US$153
US$256
Autograph
  • Room Service
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
US$269
US$201
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
1,456 results
All reviewsgorengbuckingham palaceafternoon teakate middletonlobster omeletteroyal weddingenglish hotelvictoria stationmoment you arrivebeautiful hotelconcierge deskbottle of champagneluxury hotelevery member of staffsmall hotelwonderful staybirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2009

We stayed in this luxurious hotel from the 7th to the 10th of feb. Lovely ambiance and rooms. Wonderful bar, prices are standard for a hotel of this type. Breakfast was great with a lovely selection..(especially the omlette with cheddar!!) Staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. The only negative was the night we ate in the hotel restaraunt...The menu is great with some interesting choices, we ordered in the bar while having a drink,I believe the manager took our order but must have made a mistake as the wrong main course was brought to me (beef wellington insted of roast fillet)....this resulted in the service going in to meltdown!!!..my partner's (delicious) roast lamb was eventually taken away as I was sitting there with nothing...We got some complimentary soup in the meantime..when my roast fillet arrived they also brought some new lamb which was barely cooked and stone cold...Roast fillet was delicious though..Sad really as this could have been a memorable meal...despite this we will be back hopefully though perhaps not to dine there!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MikeCP
Reviewed 3 February 2009

the goring is a delightful hotel, ideally located for those like us, visiting the apollo victria theatre. The staff were very friendly, especially the doorman who gave us directions to many places.
The only reasons to give it 4 instead of five were that there was no mini-bar and the lift wasn't working when we arrived. Overall, we would highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank meerkat_simples
GoringReservations, Reservations Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2009

Thank you very much for your review of The Goring. We always welcome guest feedback, as it allows us to continually improve.

It was very kind of the reviewer to comment on the friendliness of our staff.

With regards to the mini-bar observation, as we are an AA five red-star rated hotel, we offer twenty four hour room service, with no delivery charges - you are here to enjoy your stay and relax, so let us mix and deliver your perfect gin and tonic to you!

We look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Reviewed 26 December 2008

Our stay at this hotel was a bad experience. The extra bed for our 8 year old was absolutely terrible (50 pound per night). No mini bar, coffee or thee facilities in the room, when I ordered a thee in the morning had to wait for 35 min. so I to walked downstairs to get a bottle of water. Continental breakfast (14 pounds) is just coffee, thee, orange just, toast and jam and they come once with a basked with muffins. I expected at least a buffet breakfast in a 5 star hotel. The hotel is situated in a small street so don't expect a nice view.

When we left we asked the manager the best routing details to Luton Airport and we almost missed our plane because of the wrong instructions. I really don't understand all the good reviews this hotel is getting considering the price you have to pay.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
22  Thank PaulineAmsterdam
Reviewed 13 November 2008

If I could give The Goring more than 5 stars I would. This is a fantastic hotel with a great location and wonderful staff. Check-in was a breeze and I was greeted with much enthusiasm. My room was wonderful, airy and had a very comfortable bed. The room and bathroom were very clean and luxurious. The Conceriege were one of the best I ever had - when I asked how to get to Victoria Station the gentleman proceeded to walk me out the hotel and to the corner to show me how to get there - now that is personal service. Any question you had the concierge and/or other staff members were ready to help. I was unable to attend the hotel's High Tea but I hear it is one of the best offered. The hotel's lounge is very nice and relaxing. This hotel is a few minutes walk to Victoria Station & Buckingham Palace as well as very close to many other major sightseeing places. Try to get to see the Palace's Changing of the Guard because it is quite interesting to see but try to get there early to get a good spot. If you can, try to see a play (this time I saw Spamalot) - London's theatre is very good. If you have the time I would recommend taking the Big Bus Tour - it will let you see where all the major sites are and is helpful in planning out your sightseeing schedule. If you are a Beatles fan the Bus Tour also (included in price) gives a walking tour that is fun and is another way to see the sights. I highly recomend this hotel, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
4  Thank LovesToTravelAround
Reviewed 26 October 2008

Great location just a 3 minute walk from Victoria Station. The staff couldn't be more friendy, efficent and courteous. Each room is different. They are all good size rooms and bathrooms. They have a lovely garden with an outdoor terrace. The restaurant is very cherry with unique swavorski crystal lighting. The food is wonderful and the menu selection has both traditional English and contemporary dishes. The hotel has a very rich history. It is family owned and when the owner is in town he invites all the guests to join him in an evening cocktail party. Queen Elizabeth hosts her staff parties here. If its good enough for the Queen, it is certainly good enough for us.

Stayed: October 2008