“Loved it! Can't wait to go back.”
Review of The Goring

The Goring
Ranked #10 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Perth, Australia
“Loved it! Can't wait to go back.”
Reviewed 4 November 2009

Everyone at the Goring made us feel most welcome from the moment we walked in until we left again a few days later. A happy friendly enviroment exuded throughout our stay. Food was great although, being London, was also quite expensive. We found the location ideal for daily walks around London and there are plenty of pubs, cafes & restaurants nearby allowing a change of scenery. The little garden at the rear of the hotel is a lovely oasis in which to sip an evening cocktail. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank austsmith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We can't say enough nice things about our stay at The Goring. When we go back to London we will not consider another hotel. We could not have been treated better from the moment we arrived until the momment we left. We rate the hotel excellent in all areas-room, staff, lobby, reataurant/bar, location and service.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EJREJR
Sarlat-la-Caneda, France
Reviewed 6 September 2009

A brief visit, but 3 days of pure luxury that did us the world of good. Really friendly staff in the restaurant and on the Front Desk. A hotel with great attention to detail. Very friendly and attentive management team too.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FrogRosbif
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2009

This is a truly great hotel. Lovely rooms. Friendly staff. Great location. For summer travel, US class air conditioning. Stayed 7 nights and enjoyed every moment of the visit. Nice dining room.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Tourist1957
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I took my first ever trip to London this past April. As a birthday splurge for myself - I wanted an old elegant hotel with some history. The Goring did not disappoint. In fact - my stay at the Goring was by far the most wonderful hotel experience I've ever had in my life. The hotel itself is beautiful, the beds are a dream, there are towel warmers in the bathrooms and Afternoon Tea is delicious. But the service is second to none. I've never had such service; they were always anticipating my needs before I realized them myself. I mentioned in passing to the concierge one morning that I was thinking about visiting Hampton Court. When I returned to the front desk later to get my key - they had printed out maps and visitor information for Hampton Court. Another morning - while having breakfast in their gorgeous dining room - I saw one of the wait staff approaching me from across the room, unfolding a napkin. I thought that was odd since I already had a napkin. Then I glanced down and noticed that my napkin had fallen to the floor. I hadn't even realized it. But the wait staff had noticed before I did and was bringing me another one! Seriously! Who does that? That is the kind of attention you can expect at The Goring. And the location was perfect. If one turns left out the hotel and travels about a block - you'll soon see Victoria Station. If one turns right and goes to the end of the street - you'll be walking along the walls of Buckingham Palace. It was so easy to get every where. I wish everyone could experience The Goring. I am already planning how I can return again soon.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
5 Thank MsWincham
NJ
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I went to London the first week of May on a business trip. My plane arrived from the States 1 hour earlier than my scheduled arrival and I arrived at the airport at 5:30am. I was picked up at the Heathrow Airport and arrived at the Goring at 6:45am. I was greeted warmly at the front door and to my pleasant suprise I was given a room right away and I was taking a nap by 7:15am. That set the tone that everything was to go right on this trip and that the Hotel staff did everything it possibly could for you. The room was clean and bigger than the usual London Hotel. The warm bathroom floor and warming rack for the towels was a great touch. I had book the room online directly with the hotel and I paid $250 a night which was a great bargain for the class of the Hotel. The location was great, next to Victoria train station, Buckingham Palace and many other sights and restaurants that were within walking distance. When I go back to London I will defintely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank LuckyLeoNJ
West Chester, PA
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Our family members have been staying at The Goring for quite a few years. After an absence of two years, we just returned from spending a Bank Holiday Weekend there. Lots has changed in the rooms and bathrooms--much more glitz and glitter. The lighting system in the rooms is very, very technologically sophisticate and it takes a while to get used to all the new controls and options.We were disappointed in the "new" bathrooms. We changed rooms because the first bathroom had what the staff described as a "wet shower", which meant that the drainage system allowed water to spread all over the already slippery floor. The second bathroom had a great shower and good drainage, but the towel rack was 10 feet from the shower with no place to deposit a towel any closer--so, one had to shuffle the distance across the marble floor to get a towel after shower.

The dining room has long been our favorite place to dine in London, but this time it was not as good as usual. Our pre-show dinner could only be described as mediocre at best.

The best news about The Goring is that while despite some retirements of key member, the staff is still absolutely superb. The doormen, room service people, concierges, servers in the dining room and lounge bar are special people. They are warm, friendly, competent, and a joy to be with.

Would we return to The Goring? Of course! Maybe we will get accustome to the new-fangled control systems in the rooms, and the ultra modern bathrooms.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family